• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,751 posts in this topic

Not a huge super-hero fan, but I do love a good BATMAN story. Subsequently, BATMAN OA is really the hero OA I collect.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to get one of the best pages of the Azzerello/Risso run on BATMAN.

BATMAN 621 Page 09 (NSFW (which only adds to the appeal :devil: ))

The previous owner got 20+ comments on CAF, so I expect to get at least 2 :tonofbricks: Whatevs, it's mine :makepoint:

Excellent page and a story similar to the reason for the art I picked up at SDCC. I will post the art once I get it paid for in couple months.

I just picked up this Thing Vs. Dr. Doom page.

I bought it because one it's a page from one of the 1st comic books I ever bought off the spinner racks at my local 7-11 as a 12 year old kid. :cloud9:

link

http://comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1241581

51dea6cd-8ef4-4f7a-9be5-63d161401451_zpsihkgvwlk.jpg

High on my list is a Colan DD page and not just any page but a page like this.

Had I seen it first I doubt Bill would have had a chance at it.

Congrats. I love this page.

And a Gene Colan Daredevil page from issue #37 - fighting Dr. Doom!

A206F1D2-8E53-40CC-A407-FC69AA9857FB_zpsj8myqfqr.jpg

Nice one Bill!

High on my list is a Colan DD page and not just any page but a page like this.

Had I seen it first I doubt Bill would have had a chance at it.

Congrats. I love this page.

And a Gene Colan Daredevil page from issue #37 - fighting Dr. Doom!

A206F1D2-8E53-40CC-A407-FC69AA9857FB_zpsj8myqfqr.jpg

Nice one Bill!

Thanks Leroy. It was great hanging out with you at the show. And your big score was one amazing piece of art. Congrats again on it!

Actually, I've had this one for a long time, but because of its huge size have had to take a digital photo of the art:

nicholle2.jpg

LAST OF THE SAXON KINGS by Patrick Nicholle

Painted strip published, I think, in the Eagle magazine during the 1960s (UK).

I've had this one for a while...been so lazy...so very very lazy.

It was originally a teaser image for Marvel's "Throne of Blood" book. It's the first appearance of Raizo Kodo. Love that they thought a trophy room was a good way to give the character weight. Inked by Ed Tadeo over Giuseppe Camuncoli blue lines.

Raizo Kodo's Trophy Wall

TombofDraculaPromo%20Trophy%20Wall102_zps1kzhcf2b.jpg

The published image

Tomb%20of%20Dracula%20ThroneOfBloodTeaser_zpsxmbkpnyb.jpg

This one I've been hanging onto for a while. We moved and I haven't been sitting down and posting anything. This one's worth taking a minute to look at.

Andy MacDonald is awesome to work with. He's friendly and tries really hard to give you way more than your money's worth. He did it here.

Predator does the 80's!! 80's Movie Trophy Wall!

I am trying to have some fun with the description and run a little game where everyone who looks at the piece can look for all the easter egg references in the piece and pick one and drop it in the comments section. Let's see if we can get them all.

Bigger scan on CAF

MacDonald%20Predator%20Trophy%20Wall103_zpsgq7ul7v0.jpg

I've been into Andy's stuff since Baltimore 2004 iirc, great piece. But no Chuck Norris, no Michael Dudikoff? Those dudes were huge in the 80s!

If the Predator would have taken on Chuck Norris, this would have been Chuck Norris' trophy wall.

This one I've been hanging onto for a while. We moved and I haven't been sitting down and posting anything. This one's worth taking a minute to look at.

Andy MacDonald is awesome to work with. He's friendly and tries really hard to give you way more than your money's worth. He did it here.

I am trying to have some fun with the description and run a little game where everyone who looks at the piece can look for all the easter egg references in the piece and pick one and drop it in the comments section. Let's see if we can get them all.

Bigger scan on CAF

Awesome piece! I would suggest I have the 2nd most Andy art out there (could be wrong but it is close) and this is one of the best I have seen.

Andy is great to work with and, more importantly, busts stuff like this out on a regular basis. He is working on a Titans book for DC now (Teen I think, not Tiny...64 pages I think but one of 2 or 3 potential books) so hopefully he will continue to improve his standing in the comics world and get more work with the Big 2!

And...McFly? Say it ain't so!

That's great stuff Terry!

Thanks, Chris. Incidentally, captioned material (the blank coloured boxes you see in most of the panels) had wording mechanically inserted during the printing process. The speech balloons were all hand-lettered. You see a lot of this happening with painted British artworks of the time . . .

Bigger scan on CAF

Reckon Arnie could kick his azz . . .

How about an Arnie trophy room? hm