• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

Received this one earlier in the week (approx. 13" x 20"). For a long time I'd been highly-dismissive of re-creations (which I'd always considered a pointless exercise), then I came upon this guy's work. I think it's highly unlikely that Kirby's FF # 6 cover art still exists (as I also believe is the case with a lot of early silver age Marvel covers . . . I don't subscribe to the theory of a hidden stash waiting to re-surface). No real substitute for the real thing, of course (and I'm not kidding myself on that score), but still impressive in its own right:

Three more re-dos in my CAF Covers Gallery # 4, if anyone's interested in seeing what else I've opted for.

ff6cgc.jpg

Received this one earlier in the week (approx. 13" x 20"). For a long time I'd been highly-dismissive of re-creations (which I'd always considered a pointless exercise), then I came upon this guy's work. I think it's highly unlikely that Kirby's FF # 6 cover art still exists (as I also believe is the case with a lot of early silver age Marvel covers . . . I don't subscribe to the theory of a hidden stash waiting to re-surface). No real substitute for the real thing, of course (and I'm not kidding myself on that score), but still impressive in its own right:

Three more re-dos in my CAF Covers Gallery # 4, if anyone's interested in seeing what else I've opted for.

ff6cgc.jpg

That is crazy nice. Love it. Congrats.

Saw this page at Comic Art Con last month and a dealer got it right in front of me (along with 5 other batgirl pages). He sold them to another dealer, and I saw them again at a show last week. I loved it in person, so went for it, even though it cost about 25% more than the original price.

2myzp6c.jpg

12336098_10208527981222754_1384496817_n_zps5qotjclk.jpg

By Lan Medina

Stunning Piece

+1 (thumbs u

I have not seen this before, it looks awesome - is it a published cover, commission or something else?

Its a commission piece, it really is beautiful, thanks for the kind words. :cloud9: