• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Weird Paper said:

Just added a couple of prime interior pages to my CAF

Joe Kubert Hawkman (Hawkgirl) from Brave & Bold 44

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1376350

Bernie Wrightson Swamp Thing 6 page

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1376351

Roger for the win!

Just had a "retro" art day, and scanned artwork that I picked up at the 2011 San Diego Comic Con that didn't get scanned that year (for various reasons).  Some nice things I think, art by Wendy Pini, Stan Sakai, Jack Davis, Doug Sneyd, Adam Warren and more!  Check it out here...

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=118250

Dave M.

24i0lTHk_1902171447231gpadd.jpgrpmr989B_1902171425411gpadd.jpg

19 hours ago, F For Fake said:

That's terrific! I'm a huge Blevins fan, and sadly there's not much of his stuff floating around out there.

that's awesome! I rarely see regular pages come up, let alone covers!

Just picked up the original painted variant cover to Southern Bastards #5 by Andrew Robinson.

There is very little original art for this series as it's artist Jason Latour does must of his work in small sections, scans them and then digitally assembles the page and adds to the art. To make matters worse (in speaking of the original art word), Jason doesn't sell any of his original art. There hasn't been many variant covers done for this series and when they are done, Jason handles most of them himself. So, I was thrilled to be able to add this great cover to my collection. It's a huge oversized cover and is going to look great framed up on my wall.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1376608&GSub=171718

If you aren't reading Southern Bastards by Jason Aaron and Jason Latour you are missing out. Thanks for looking!

mathew

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:22 AM, Timely said:

GRAIL PIECE :banana:

I was going to start my 1st "art day" thread, but I've decided to save that for another piece that I'm paying off.

The House of Mystery #238 is one of my personal favorites!

Here's the link to my CAF page, feel free to make a comment :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1363680

houseofmystery238coverA_zps6cytd6o5.jpg

This is absolutely beautiful.  Congratulations, Timely.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:26 PM, Buzzetta said:

Took a trip across the island. I went from place to place looking at Vintage gumball machines and signage but nothing wow'ed me. I wanted to find something I could not find on eBay or most of the rest of you could find. Then I saw something that caught my eye. I picked up two pieces. I checked them out to make sure... but these are two pieces of original art from a residential Long Islander, Bourke Sweeney, who drew cartoons while on active duty in the Pacific. These cartoon would appear in military publications during WWII. The top corners of the backs are affixed to cardboard right now but when you turn the page over it has the military approval stamps and signatures and additional information.

The first cartoon caption reads: "Do you think it'll rain?"

The second cartoon caption reads: "He's been hanging around ever since we camouflaged that gun."

IMG_3707.jpg

BSweeny01a.jpg

BSweeny02a.jpg

Very nice.  Congratulations on two fantastic finds, Buzzetta.

I couldn't resist this Mark Bagley / Scott Hanna page when I saw it.  This was the page about which I started the thread "can anyone help with the orgin of these Spidey pages."  While I'm pretty sure it's NOT a published cover... how rare is an INKED Bagley page? Let alone one this nice?   It came in the mail today and I had it in my house for all of 5 minutes before racing it off to get framed. lol

image.jpg1_1.jpg

18 hours ago, fmaz said:

I couldn't resist this Mark Bagley / Scott Hanna page when I saw it.  This was the page about which I started the thread "can anyone help with the orgin of these Spidey pages."  While I'm pretty sure it's NOT a published cover... how rare is an INKED Bagley page? Let alone one this nice?   It came in the mail today and I had it in my house for all of 5 minutes before racing it off to get framed. lol

AWESOME :whee:

On February 25, 2017 at 3:11 AM, fmaz said:

image.jpg1_1.jpg

Congrats - terrific page!

Proud to have Dave Dorman's painted cover to Darth Vader #2...a dramatic poster-size portrait of Darth Vader leading his Imperial troops into battle. 

Dave explains, "I wanted to actually show Darth Vader being the leader he was born to be. Like any commander worthy of his troops' respect, he will join them in battle! And as a powerful leading figure, he will not hide behind his troops, but will be where they can see him and be inspired by him."

Darth Vader #2 cover

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the thread.

I started collecting OA three years ago. I don't have many pieces to show off, but what I do have I am very happy with. I'll start by showing off the first piece of OA I ever purchased.

DeCJGs0.jpg.0c580c6463c7ba48daa73468314c03ab.jpg

This is a piece of Derek Yaniger art from Marvel's Transformers: Generation 2. Issue 2, page 4.