• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

This isn't in my collection. Rather, it's a group of scans that shows the progression from a Marie Severin cover guide to Kirby pencils to ink to print for the first issue of Skull the Slayer. Thought some might find it interesting. Go Marie!

Creation of the Cover of Skull the Slayer #1

A clash of two Immortals, Thor vs. Hercules makes for an ultra-cool splash page! A classic Marvel confrontation by Frenz and Sinnott:

Thor 417 splash

6E7TKusk_1604171032021gpadd.jpg

This piece caught my eye at the most recent ComicLink auction, thrilled to have it.  

Edited by GreatEscape

15 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

Proud to add a dramatic splash page of Thor battling Hercules by Frenz and Sinnott:

Thor 416 splash

This piece caught my eye at the most recent ComicLink auction, thrilled to have it. 

Awesome page!  Getting a hercules vs thor piece is one of my collecting goals. Congrats again!

Just added a great new Alias: Jessica Jones page. This page had all the boxes checked for me. Nice big images of Jessica, great story moment and NO stats on the page (which is rare for Micheal and this series). It also had an appearance by Scott Lang in his Ant-man costume. As you can see from the image of the printed page, Ant-man's costume had to be changed at the last minute to match his new digs. Love the line "It's okay, I'm an Avengers"

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1388280

mathew

The morning of my birthday, my Wife surprised me in bed with this perplexing birthday card...

IMG_8697%20Medium.jpg

But then I got the gist...
IMG_8698%20Medium.jpg

Very cool page that I'd wanted for awhile... Really one of the first pages on my want list when I started collecting OA again.
Jackson%20Guice%20Birds%20of%20Prey%2016

Birds of prey was such a terrific series and Guice's more illustrative, more realistic Joker design predated the Nolan movies. I love the body language. I think this was the first time Babs confronted the Joker post-shooting? Or was that in Suicide Squad?

Interestingly, the published version has the cast on the other leg--

2 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

The morning of my birthday, my Wife surprised me in bed with this perplexing birthday card...

IMG_8697%20Medium.jpg

But then I got the gist...
IMG_8698%20Medium.jpg

Very cool page that I'd wanted for awhile... Really one of the first pages on my want list when I started collecting OA again.

Birds of prey was such a terrific series and Guice's more illustrative, more realistic Joker design predated the Nolan movies. I love the body language. I think this was the first time Babs confronted the Joker post-shooting? Or was that in Suicide Squad?

Interestingly, the published version has the cast on the other leg--

Incredible gift ! Art birthdays are the best, congrats !

Just picked up a new 100 Bullets page. This one features Agent Graves giving Wylie Times his attache case. Love that this issue has the word balloons on it as they tell the entire set-up for the story and the panel with Grave's face is killer. Couldn't be happier!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1388707

thanks for looking and comments are always welcome!

mathew