• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Rune said:

Today I bought my first Arthur "Art" Adams cover (thanks Moy) - now I own an illustration of an entity that just might be able to kick Galactus' butt if they were ever able to meet :grin:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1395314

I really love the use of perspective, light & shadows and the simply amazing detail :cloud9:

BTW, this week at work I was testing a young man with autism with some advanced tests, where he had to copy difficult designs. He was quite good at drawing, but watching him I couldn't help thinking about the incredible skill Arthur Adams shows when drawing a cover with this many details. 

I don't think that comic book artist should bow to any other artists - ok, maybe to the spirits of van Gogh, Gaugain and Picasso hm - but I'm not sure any of these old painters would be better at drawing bricks and using perspective than the top comic book artists 2c :wink:  

That's a beautiful addition to your collection. With that level of detail, it's no wonder Adams doesn't do interior pages any longer.

Once again, I have disappointed my children by buying comic art and lowering their inheritance. This is the second of three pieces purchased at Comicpalooza 2017. The third one is a birthday present for me and I don't get to have it until June 9th. Sigh... :)

Anyway...

Tyler Jenkins was appearing at Comicpalooza, but I knew nothing about him or his art so I didn't really care.

Then a week or so before the con, I stumbled upon the second issue of his new comic with Matt Kindt, Grass Kings.

I found the artwork fascinating, ordered issue one from the interwebs, bought issue two from Bedrock City, and put it on my pull list. I only read the story last night (3 issues so far) which is why I didn't post this earlier. I simply didn't know anything about the story; I just liked the art.

The tale features three brothers who own a large portion of land with a small, trailer park community that they rule. Robert is the eldest and his taken a loss that he's not handling well.

The Description has a link to a solid review of the book. Check it out.

In the meantime, here's Robert.

Robert from Grass Kings by Tyler Jenkins

Been putting-together this 9-episode story sequence (comprising of 18 pages in total) for a number of years now.  Last time I acquired anything was six years ago then last week I lucked upon another page on eBay.  THE STEEL CLAW was a series that appeared in the UK's VALIANT anthology comic-book.  The 'Max Kruger' storyline saw print in 1965 and is an early and fondly-remembered  one for me.  Artist is Jesus Blasco and this is for episode 3 page 1.

Now up to ten pages . . . with another eight to track-down . . .

THE STORY SO FAR . . . "After a ray machine accident Louis Crandell discovered that an electric shock made him invisible except for his artificial steel hand. He became a secret agent and acquired the ability to electrify any conductive material he touched. Professor Landon, a famous scientist, had been kidnapped by a gang of traitors led by Max Kruger and when Crandell tried to enter Kruger's castle headquarters while a fancy dress ball was taking place his invisible body set off an alarm!"

claw 1.jpg

Edited by The Voord

I'm behind on posting art, much less art days, so here's me catching up: Click on the thumbnails for a larger view.

1st off- I got an Avengers #156 page from the 70's the first Avengers comic I ever had, so Im pretty happy with it- 

4QnuGv2O_3105172313441gpadd.jpg

A Defenders #16 page versus the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with Magneto and Prof. X-

sJh4bocP_3105172309221gpadd.jpg

Classic Grell from his original Starslayer #2 comic, DPS telling the hero's origin. Pacific Comics 1982:

d9bZxZBf_3105172304541gpadd.jpg

Here’s some pin-ups: WWBN by Manco, Belit & Red Sonja by Chan (1978), Axa by Romero, and Valeria by Isherwood:

d95yZ8xe_3105172259301gpadd.jpg,HUaaEBLD_3105172250301gpadd.jpg,N6ddQYMi_3105172247081gpadd.jpg,kxMXo8U4_3105172243441gpadd.jpg

And a few other things that I posted recently, but never called out:  A John Carter: Warlord of Mars page form the 70’s, and 4 color pages by Sienkiewicz retelling a twisted version of Harvey, from National Lampoon 1983.

zlOjMrq1_2704170349361gpadd.jpg,HuJusILG_1604172341091gpadd.jpg,ttJK1b1U_1604172339011gpadd.jpg,PfUFVtS1_1604172337391gpadd.jpg,RKFJFnTP_1604172334491gpadd.jpg

Just got my first ever cover! I turned a corner in my collecting, I think covers and splashes only going forward lol.

Invincible 112, featuring one of the most brutal heel-turns ever. Thanks to Felix for the awesome service, he answered my deluge of questions and was super cool.

Sorry I don’t have a scanner the pic is from my iPhone.

IMG_2320.JPG

Edited by vksince82