• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,744 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Just won this in the most recent HA. Full on nostalgia play for me. I've been looking for one of these pages for over a year. And this is a great example. 

IMG_2060.PNG

Very nice, congratulations. I napped through the auction (by mistake), to beat me you would have needed to go over $700. I'm happy for both of us, as I really shouldn't be buying more 'pretty shiny things' as a friend of mine just brought up earlier today!

5 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Just won this in the most recent HA. Full on nostalgia play for me. I've been looking for one of these pages for over a year. And this is a great example. 

IMG_2060.PNG

I wasn't even aware they'd made these books into a graphic novel, nice.

15 hours ago, vodou said:

Very nice, congratulations. I napped through the auction (by mistake), to beat me you would have needed to go over $700. I'm happy for both of us, as I really shouldn't be buying more 'pretty shiny things' as a friend of mine just brought up earlier today!

Well, I'm glad you took a nap! Like I said, I've been looking for one of these pages for over a year. I talked with a couple of different collectors who had pages, and either they were not ones I was that interested in, or they would not sell them. So, I was happy when this one popped up. And it's such an awesome example. It is almost like a comic strip in that it is pretty self-contained, and has two setup/joke sequences. You don't need to know the story or context to get the jokes, or wonder what's going on. Phil Foglio and Tim Sale did a fantastic job, and this piece stuns in person.

11 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

I wasn't even aware they'd made these books into a graphic novel, nice.

Neither was I until much later. I always wanted Phil Foglio (The original cover and interior illustration artist for the Myth Adventures books) to do a comic of this series, and when I found out about it - and saw the art for it - I wanted a page really badly.

Edited by PhilipB2k17