• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Just added two new Sleeper pages by Sean Phillips and Ed Brubaker to my CAF

The 1st one is a beautiful page with Ed's words directly on it. Boy do I love the old days of word balloons on the art. Here Carver and Lynch meet and Carver learns about his ex-girlfriends upcoming marriage. Loved the third and last panel on this one

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1418074

This is an amazing half splash page featuring Carver, Genocide and Miss Misery in a gun fight. It is a silent page in the book but Sean's art speaks volumes. One of my favorites from the series.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1418077

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome!

mathew

Just receive two great Doctor Who pages by Dave Gibbons. One page is from City of the Damned which was reprinted in Marvel Premiere #60, the cover for the issue by Earl Norem was inspired by the panel in the lower corner of the Gibbons page. I am always looking for Dr Who Dave Gibbons art especially covers or the Marvel Premiere #60 cover by Marvel Premiere #60. Email if you know where some art. Thanks.

Big Thanks to Mike Burkey!!!!

Larger scan in CAF.

City_of_Damned_DWW15_pg12.jpg

Iron_legion_36_DWW5.jpg

Just got in two nice consecutive JEFF HAWKE daily strips from the UK science-fiction series of the same name.  Primary artist is the strip's creator, Sydney Jordan, with an assist by Colin Andrew.  These are from my favourite story, 'Survival' (1960).  There's a definite EC influence on the artwork for this particular adventure . . .

4OsgnnrB_0109170832421sbpi.jpg

I'm a huge fan of what is currently being done with Clint Barnes and Kate Bishop as the Hawkeye's so I am very happy to be able to add the original inks to the All-New Hawkeye #1 featuring both of the two greatest sharp shooters known to man by the talented Ramon Perez. Thanks for looking!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1419276

As a side, the original pencils are now out there and if you know the owner please contact me as I would love to make this a set again.

mathew

1 hour ago, RabidFerret said:

Long ago I got a gig as a Production Assistant on a movie shooting in Cleveland. Office work, errands, copying scripts, etc.

<snip>

It was a pretty darn cool experience for a young 20-something kid. My little scrawls ended up in the trailer, the movie, and I even got mentioned in the commentary.

It was a cool moment in my life.

^^ Everything about your story is pretty damned cool!

It's always inspiring to hear those stories where talent, luck, timing and perseverance all converge.  Biggest Congrats!!

Over the weekend I attended San Francisco Comic Con. This year it moved to Moscone Center which was a vast improvement over the cramped Mariott Hotel. Got to hang out with Off-Mike WhiteMike McKone and Mike Perkins, plus got to meet Peter Capaldi. All in all a fun time, the weather was great (a bit too hot) thanks to Off-Mike White ;-). Great seeing everyone, Tatiana DykesSteven MorgerFelix Lu and many others. Look forward to next year. 

I picked up artwork by Bob Camp, Ryan Sook, Joyce Chin , James Mulligan, Mike Perkins, Joel Adams and Erica LynSchmidt at the showCheck out the rest of my SFCC art acquisitions on my CAF.

DC Universe Presents #5 cover by Ryan Sook

DCUniverse_Presents_5cvr.jpg

Joyce Chin Sketchbook 2015 cover 

Joyce-Chin-SketchBook-2015.jpg

Ren And Stimpy iPod by Bob Camp

Ren&Stimpy_iPod.jpg

Catwoamn iPod by Mike Perkins

Catwoman_iPod.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck

14 hours ago, RabidFerret said:

Long ago I got a gig as a Production Assistant on a movie shooting in Cleveland. Office work, errands, copying scripts, etc.

The movie was about a comic I'd never heard of called "American Splendor", some indie thing from the 70s that was big in Cleveland. The writer got on Letterman. Crumb did some art for it. The movie was gonna star Pig Vomit from the Howard Stern movie.

For a month of preproduction I did PA work, running errands, picking people up, and making photocopies. Mixed in, I doodled, constantly aping more of the Crumb art surrounding me. I drew office jokes. I added Crumbish Harvey art to dry erase boards and notices. It was like a theme office.
Given that Crumb is known for his weirder stuff, finding simple blue collar storytelling is a nice change. It's a Crumb you can hang on the wall without feeling too awkward about. It's also at a much more mature point in time, past the eye of the fame hurricane, when he could be a little more patient.

I loved seeing a Crumb original too. A spiral bound page of bristol with the full title handwritten on the page. It's so quirky and cool and awesome, I can't even begin to explain:) Let's be palsy walsies!

Holy cow, thank god there was a good payoff, that was quite the story.

Congrats on getting something so personal, those wins are the best!

I just got this from Tyler Kirkham. I talked to him for quite sometime at Long Beach Comic Con last Sunday. He said he worked at Top Cow for 7 years.

He also said he worked with Michael Turner and was influenced by him. I can see that on this piece. I just like the vortex and circular motion of this piece.

my instagram: larry1wand

no caf post yet

IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.ed18e0fbe4edc8329947edb7d7c18893.JPG

Edited by L.W.
spelling error

20 hours ago, L.W. said:

I just got this from Tyler Kirkham. I talked to him for quite sometime at Long Beach Comic Con last Sunday. He said he worked at Top Cow for 7 years.

He also said he worked with Michael Turner and was influenced by him. I can see that on this piece. I just like the vortex and circular motion of this piece.

my instagram: larry1wand

no caf post yet

IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.ed18e0fbe4edc8329947edb7d7c18893.JPG

Looks awesome! Congrats.