• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,748 posts in this topic

I just won it on ebay. found out there is some comic art listed in other categories besides original comic art. I feel I got it pretty cheap. due to that and Memorial Day weekend.

Here is a cheap example of a page mis-placed in Magic the gathering cards the artist is Duncan Rouleau and is quite nice buy it now for 125.00 other pages of his art have asking prices of 200-250 on comicartfans. ebay listing

Edited by marveljunkie

I posted these in my other thread, but am so overjoyed at getting these framed and up on my walls, I'm posting here too. smile.gif

Ok, here's some pics of the pieces I had framed...

Shogun Warriors #17 cover with book:

comicpics003.jpg

comicpics002.jpg

Shogun Warriors issue #15 pg.14:

comicpics006.jpg

comicpics005.jpg

Marvel litho limited o 500 that I got at Universal Islands of Adventure:

comicpics004.jpg

Thanks to my wife for allowing me to let these creep out of my collectibles room and into our hallway. The cover is to the left of my CR door, the page to the right, and the litho above the door.

Got My two Wiesenfeld covers the other day. Fantastic oversized (14X18) painted covers. Without knowing it, I have been a Wiesenfeld fan for quite a few years, meaning I have always loved his covers, but just never knew the artist behind them. My loss, becuase Aron was fantastic to deal with and a constant professional.

Enjoy,

1836954-y18-orig.jpg

1836954-y18-orig.jpg.581c2819a303113aa73a0121e1f933b1.jpg

Got My two Wiesenfeld covers the other day. Fantastic oversized (14X18) painted covers. Without knowing it, I have been a Wiesenfeld fan for quite a few years, meaning I have always loved his covers, but just never knew the artist behind them. My loss, becuase Aron was fantastic to deal with and a constant professional.

Oh - I was watching a few of these covers when they were up on eBay ... still regret not pulling the trigger on them. What was the other one that you won?

Sweeeeeet!

I've never even read Preacher (I know, for shame, for shame!) but that piece kicks some series *spoon*! This is a case where a commission would be much more special than a published piece.

Nice pickup!

-Bob

This is a case where a commission would be much more special than a published piece.

That all depends on which Preacher OA you're comparing it to. grin.gif

Grat commish though! I love Burns / Starr.

Just picked me up some color guides and gorgeous full process color art. The images are pretty big and I wanted to be kind to those on dial-up so click the thumbnails for a larger pic.

First up are a few color guides from the original Longshot series containing the very first panel appearances of Spiral and Mojo!

Longshot-Iss3Pg09.jpg Longshot-Iss3Pg11.jpg

Next up is the new pride of my collection: 29 of the 47 original color art pages from Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants by Glynis Wein. The Marvel Graphic Novel series was produced using the relatively new (for the time) full color process. This gave Glynis the freedom to paint these pages using a wide range of colors and her work was directly photographed to print the final book. The painted pages appear much, much more bold and vivid than the published pages. Because these pages were being used directly for printing, word balloons were colored over - you can still see the texture of the paints under the words on the printed pages! Each page is painted over a production sized photostat of the linework on matte photo paper. Here are a few of the pages:

NMGN-Pg04.jpg NMGN-Pg09.jpg NMGN-Pg14.jpg NMGN-Pg20.jpg NMGN-Pg44.jpg

See the rest at My CAF Gallery.

Thanks a ton to Tom at Fanfare for these pages! Tom informed me that he got the New Mutants pages years ago from Glynis and that these were all the pages she gave him. I would love to put the entire color guides back together so if you have knowledge of the whereabouts of my missing pages, please let me know. Also, if you know of contact information for Glynis Wein (now Oliver), please let me know.

Thanks, and enjoy!

-Bob