• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,721 posts in this topic

The Frisanos are legends here in France for their works on super-heroes characters. Some of their most wanted OA are really expensive (in the $6000-$7000).

Pages are really scarce, most of the OA are in the hand of less than 15 collectors. And 75% of the collection belong to one famous and wealthy french collector

Hello! Who's the famous guy that owns most of the art? Of the hundreds of covers that Jean & Thomas did,now I know the reason why it is never seen on the market! Do you know the history of how the Frisano art was sold? I heard that when LUG returned alot of the art back to Jean in the mid-80's,they advertised the art in France and it was mostly sold like that. I would love to see a book on the art of these guys! Unfortunately,here in America,we missed out on seeing any of their art on our covers back then.I wish I could get images of all the covers they ever did,I'd make a website dedicated to those 2!! Classic stuff!!

21SFLOFRI.JPG

nice, i think i was the runner up on this....congrats!

Gman, I'm really sorry about grabbing this one from you. No hard feelings I hope. It's one of the prizes of my collection.

no worries mon... flowerred.gif

Got the following 3 pieces in the mail this week:

Beautiful Splash Page by Greg Scott and Dan Green from the Captain America 2000 Annual

ScottCapAnnual2000.jpg

Great cover by Brian Postman and Joe Sinnott of the Captain America Annual #7

CAPANN7COV.jpg

Finally, a really nice Sal Buscema Spectacular Spider-Man cover:

SPEC150COV.jpg

hi.gif

Hello! Who's the famous guy that owns most of the art?

Sorry, i don't think i can give you his name. flowerred.gif

I met him once, and his collection is really incredible.

I can just say that one day he met the Frisanos at their home and offered them big $$$ for the whole lot of covers. I mean, really big $$$ blush.gif

There is a book printed here in France which contains all the covers done by Jean & Thomas Frisano. There is also this web site (even if the scans are not really big).

Got this in the mail (thanks to Flying-Donut for pointing out that it was for sale)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=131007&GSub=17971

and I won this:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=130823&GSub=7515

And that's that.

Nice Transmetropolitan page Rob! It's always good to see the Filthy Assistants' dirty bits...

Probably not considered much by you guys' standards, but it's my second piece in two months and only my fourth overall in twenty years. 27_laughing.gif I guess that means I'm an actual OA collector now! insane.gif

Late period John Byrne, but I really like this page because it features both Spider-Man and the FF and I could afford it.

1080229-83_3.jpg

1080229-83_3.jpg.9b5d29efeefad479f4fb07d3164b3ba6.jpg

Probably not considered much by you guys' standards, but it's my second piece in two months and only my fourth overall in twenty years. 27_laughing.gif I guess that means I'm an actual OA collector now! insane.gif

Late period John Byrne, but I really like this page because it features both Spider-Man and the FF and I could afford it.

1080229-83_3.jpg

Nice page. I saw it on ebay both times it was listed and I would've tried to have won it if it only had lettering on the page.

Very nice pick up though.