• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

A whole pile of Doctor Strange stuff:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?gcat=3023

Untold Tales of Spiderman: Strange Encounters #1 p. 40 (1998)
Artists: Neil Vokes (Penciller) ,  Jay Geldhof (Inker)

1aKmbIgA_1007171733131gpadd.jpg

Doctor Strange 4 p. 1
Artists: Chris Bachalo (Penciller) ,  Al Vey (Inker)

VjHntIEk_1007171640331gpadd.jpg

Doctor Strange 28 p. 11
Artists: Tom Sutton (Penciller) ,  Ernie Chan (Penciller)

8mAEZljK_1007171629251gpadd.jpg

Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme 36 p. 22
Artists: Dan Lawlis (Penciller) ,  Andrew Pepoy (Inker)

pLCOIqi0_1007171659571gpadd.jpg

My newest pick up: Thing 10 cover by Ron Wilson. I know he isnt as loved as others, but for my money he was the consumate Bullpen artist. His career spanned decades and he was just a solid teller of stories. Happy to have in my collection, might be a little out of place on some level but it just felt so right when i saw it in HA last session.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1407455&GSub=145535

Thing10WilsonCover.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:07 PM, zhamlau said:

My newest pick up: Thing 10 cover by Ron Wilson. I know he isnt as loved as others, but for my money he was the consumate Bullpen artist. His career spanned decades and he was just a solid teller of stories. Happy to have in my collection, might be a little out of place on some level but it just felt so right when i saw it in HA last session.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1407455&GSub=145535

Thing10WilsonCover.jpg

Awesome pickup.

1 hour ago, drfate said:

A new addition to my CAF Gallery...HULK SMASH!!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1407957

Very cool.  Since looking into OA, I've a new appreciation for Bagley.  I've always liked his stuff.  I've also noticed that when you strip away the color and see the core a lot of artists are speaking to me in new ways...case in point, Bagley.  

3 hours ago, Timely said:

Any Usagi Yojimbo fans here? I finally got a Usagi Yojimbo cover by Stan Sakai!!! :)

CAF link for those of you who would honor me with a nice comment :) 

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1408395

SPACE USAGI2cover.JPG

Wow! Stan holds onto almost all of his pieces. An actual published Usagi page in the wild is very rare, let alone a cover. Awesome pickup! 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

6 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Wow! Stan holds onto almost all of his pieces. An actual published Usagi page in the wild is very rare, let alone a cover. Awesome pickup! 

Interior pages are rare if not impossible (unless someone else collaborated on it) but he actually regularly sells his covers.

Malvin

8 minutes ago, malvin said:

Interior pages are rare if not impossible (unless someone else collaborated on it) but he actually regularly sells his covers.

Malvin

Thanks for that info. I know he holds onto almost all of his stuff. And, he inks and letters his own stuff, so there is no other collaborator to give pages to. His original art book was based on his actual pages, not scans of his pages. He sent them to the publisher.

14 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

An actual published Usagi page in the wild is very rare, ...

Not really in the wild, iirc this was on either Heritage or CLink...I well remember as I was a bidder but fell by the wayside when bidding got silly (imo of course, no slight to the winner and probable present owner, you are a lucky collector to have acquired this!)

My definition of in the wild is something that unexpectedly just appears, most often in an overlooked hobby corner or oddest of the odd type venue (Kirby Fourth World oa at a Saturday flea market beanie baby table be a good example). Not the case with the one.

3 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

His original art book was based on his actual pages, not scans of his pages. He sent them to the publisher.

I don't want you to feel I'm beating up on you today, I'm not, but...what do you think "the publisher" did? I doubt they shot them the OA with a camera ;) But maybe they did. Do you know?