• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn't even think to check and see if that page was available! Great get and in many ways the perfect ending to the series. I hope people keep reading it over the years.

Thanks!  I actually hit Rob up the day it was published, and he finally agreed to sell it.

Wow, four new art postings in one week. That's a record for me, I think

Anthro by Howie Post - 
This was one of my favorite books for 6 months and then it was cancelled. Happy to find a page. Sad that I didn't realize Howie was still alive when I started buying commissions. 1f641.png:(

safe_image.php?d=AQBt-MnwFI8F51HV&w=158&h=237&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent.comicartfans.com%2Fimages%2FCategory_10225%2Fsubcat_34812%2FbNEm4nir_0902182230021gpadd.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQDZ8N-6BwZhVX2_

Kitty Ravencraft by Dan Parent - 
Dan and Ferando Ruiz are best known for their work with Archie comics characters, but they've also created their own, Kitty Ravencraft. The items on this link are perks from the Kickstarter.

P568onla_0902182150411gpadd.jpg

2017 Christmas Card (but we are always late so it’s really our 2018 NY card) by Dan Parent - 
Pretty self-explanatory.

oy448EbJ_0902181941581gpadd.jpg

Hi guys,

This one is on the way;

DETECTIVE COMICS #678 page 3, illustrated by Graham Nolan and Bob McLeod.

This issue predated FLASHPOINT by 11 years and dealt with a very similar high concept:
http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1451240

0dFsi5Z4_0702181055261gpadd.jpg
Best,
Gal

Edited by Gal Schwartz

Picked up about 30 of these strips today in a cash/trade deal. Not personally familiar with the strip, but I thought they were cool. I suspect it is either old and short-lived, or perhaps only briefly/barely got off the ground? Here's a few of them; many have great stuff on the backs too. Some aren't fully inked, so it's nice to see the raw pencil work.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 2/9/2018 at 6:21 PM, Sooners151 said:

Chew got me back into reading comics after over a decade, and looking up Rob Guillory's web page introduced me to OA for the first time.  Feels good to be able to get this page from him.

Final Image for the Chew Series

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1451783&GSub=182595

img20180209_16472433.jpg

I was waiting to see some pages from the last issue!  Fantastic get...super jealous.  There wasn’t nearly enough talk on the boards about the last few issues.  It was a great ending!  I cheered out loud when I saw this page.

???

Jason

On 2/9/2018 at 11:24 AM, BCarter27 said:

Jeff Huet comes to mind. Ask him or another inker to make it his own rather than just going over the original lines. Have them lightbox it from a scan you send. You don't want all that blue all over it that will show through after.

Maybe Jeff de los Santos or Mike Perkins too.

I think Rob Hunter was the cover inker on that issue, so I was thinking of him. Your thoughts? 

On further checking, I'm not sure who did the inking for the cover.

Edited by Rick2you2

41 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I think Rob Hunter was the cover inker on that issue, so I was thinking of him. Your thoughts? 

On further checking, I'm not sure who did the inking for the cover.

I think that could work well too. Might mean more since he was on the title.

Hi guys,

This piece is a guilty pleasure buy;

BATMAN CHRONICLES #10 page 33, illustrated (and written !) by Gary Frank & Cam Smith:
http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1452359

I'm a BIG fan of GOTHAM's version of Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, 
and when I saw this page pop up, I was amazed to find GOTHAM's version 
of Penguin appearing in an actual comicbook, many years before the show was even
conceived !

Am I the only one seeing the uncanny resemblance ? 
Here's the panel in question (the full page is in my CAF gallery):

batman_chronicles_10_pg_3_closeup.jpg

Edited by Gal Schwartz

4 hours ago, Gal Schwartz said:

Hi guys,

This piece is a guilty pleasure buy;

BATMAN CHRONICLES #10 page 33, illustrated (and written !) by Gary Frank & Cam Smith:
http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1452359

I'm a BIG fan of GOTHAM's version of Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, 
and when I saw this page pop up, I was amazed to find GOTHAM's version 
of Penguin appearing in an actual comicbook, many years before the show was even
conceived !

Am I the only one seeing the uncanny resemblance ? 
Here's the panel in question (the full page is in my CAF gallery):

batman_chronicles_10_pg_3_closeup.jpg

Not seeing it - but cool piece anyways.

Re:guilt in collecting.  That's what its all about!  Nobody needs this stuff - we buy it purely for the pleasure.:devil:

Edited by Panelfan1

A few more Doctor Strange pages for My Book of Strange CAF Gallery  

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=3023

Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme 1 (Alternative cover by Skottie Young) December 2016

eJyx26kF_1502181540541gpadd.jpg

Doctor Strange 14, p 1-2 January 2017

kvYXEAVR_1502181707411gpadd.jpg

Doctor Strange 16 p. 9-10 March 2017

OcvBU94Y_1502181717311gpadd.jpg

haven't posted any art since last year, but it was worth the wait for this:

3iORCDZ9_1602180258501gpadd.JPG

Captain America #116 pg.16 The Avengers & the Red Skull??? (Gene Colan/Joe Sinnott)

from Aug. 1969, 2 months after Colan's 3 issue stint on Avengers, (#63-#65) where he introduced Clint Barton (aka Hawkeye) as the new Goliath.  I loved how Gene drew the Avengers, particularly Yellow Jacket and The Vision.  That's what drew me to this page. The only thing that could possibly be better would be a page from Avengers #64, the first SA Avengers comic I ever bought as a back issue.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:38 PM, Readcomix said:

Picked up about 30 of these strips today in a cash/trade deal. Not personally familiar with the strip, but I thought they were cool. I suspect it is either old and short-lived, or perhaps only briefly/barely got off the ground? Here's a few of them; many have great stuff on the backs too. Some aren't fully inked, so it's nice to see the raw pencil work.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is this your guy?

https://www.pulpartists.com/AA.html