• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

New addition to my collection is a cover recreation done by Herb Trimpe. He did most recreations on small paper but this was done on a full size 11 x 17 board. The logos and lettering are also all hand drawn.

Thanks for looking!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1461449

IMG_3222.PNG

And added my first Kirby Sinnot page!

Check it out: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1461570

IMG_3226.JPG

10 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

Wow! Thanks! Was that one of his free Twitch sketches?

11 hours ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Beautiful piece. I saw a Wolverine commission as well. Are these those 15k commissions? ?

Ha, nah. I'd love to see what he produces for those commissions.

This and the wolverine were won on Twitch via his silent auctions. $2500 and $3200 respectively. The last one auctioned off was a Psylocke for $3648 (http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1460324)

Seems like the prices on these auctions will continue to rise.

Have you ever bought a piece of art - that you never would have thought you would like or even care about until the day you saw it. That's what happened here.  If you had asked me am I a Jones fan or if I care for a Batman cover - I would likely have said No. Not really. Then it happened. Did I mentions there are mummy and Deadman?

Just added. Batman and Deadman cover by Kelly Jones.  See it Here.

Batman_532.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1

17 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Have you ever bought a piece of art - that you never would have thought you would like or even care about until the day you saw it. That's what happened here.  If you had asked me am I a Jones fan or if I care for a Batman cover - I would likely have said No. Not really. Then it happened. Did I mentions there are mummy and Deadman?

Just added. Batman and Deadman cover by Kelly Jones.  See it Here.

Batman_532.jpg

Congrats. I really had an eye for this one.

It's never been on my favorite list, but I do have very fond memories from around this book.

Sarah was still in College and I was visiting her the weekend I bought these issues all off the stands as a huge Deadman fan at the time. The Glow in the dark variant covers were fun, if not a bit goofy as a gimmick. I bought pages out of these issues directly from John Beatty, back in a day when artists didn't really have sites to sell their work. I recall using Sarah's college computer to email John about the pages, (he had done a commission or two for me as well), and we worked out a deal for what he had with Deadman on it. Plus Kelley wasn't selling any of his originals at that point, so anything out then, came from the inker's share.

Thanks for posting it, and the memory lane trip!

On 3/29/2018 at 9:47 AM, Alex Nguyen said:

Ha, nah. I'd love to see what he produces for those commissions.

This and the wolverine were won on Twitch via his silent auctions. $2500 and $3200 respectively. The last one auctioned off was a Psylocke for $3648 (http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1460324)

Seems like the prices on these auctions will continue to rise.

What is Twitch?

On 3/29/2018 at 5:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

This page arrived today and I am really excited to receive it.  (So excuse the forum double post). I go against the grain a little with art.  I always seek out dynamic pages that represent the character rather than a particular artist.  While not from "Amazing", this Marvel Fanfare page features everything I am looking for in a 80's Black Suit Spider-man page.  Every panel features Spider-man swinging and bouncing through the city, where his inner thoughts fret about Peter Parker's financial woes and J. Jonah Jameson's hatred of Spider-man.  I mean, can you ask for more? And yes, "I won it on eBay."  

Marvel Fanfare 42 Page 2.jpg

I debated bidding on this but passed at the last moment. Glad you got it!