• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Timely said:

Less than 100 people in the world can say they own a pre-100 Amazing Spider-Man cover. I feel blessed to be one of those few. Feel free to add a comment on my CAF page!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1463156

asm82pic.jpg

When I read the statistic about less than 100 people in the world can have an issue of ASM  under 100 - it made perfect sense. Clearly such logic - cant be argued against.  Unless you start thinking about all the reboots and all the variant covers with those reboots.

Anyway - huge congrats on a fun Romita cover - with the forever electrifying villain.. um .. you know his name.

Edited by Panelfan1

2 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

When I read the statistic about less than 100 people in the world can have an issue of ASM  under 100 - it made perfect sense. Clearly such logic - cant be argued against.  Unless you start thinking about all the reboots and all the variant covers with those reboots.

Anyway - huge congrats on a fun Romita cover - with the forever electrifying villain.. um .. you know his name.

Well, I was referring to the original series!

3 hours ago, Timely said:

Well, I was referring to the original series!

ha ha. no need for you to justify your assessment. . i know what you meant. just causing trouble and enjoyed adding food for thought since marvel restarts their title so many times.

the cover is a real treat to see - and an amazing addition to your gallery.

On 4/5/2018 at 7:41 PM, Panelfan1 said:

While slightly off-topic, I once went to the supermarket and had the total bill come out to an exact amount with no cents. I mentioned to the cashier that the odds of that happening are only 1 in 100. Her response was that she thought it was a lot more common than that. 

Nice cover, by the way.

This is issue Annual #2 of Deathstroke The Terminator from Dc Comics released in 1993.

The BLOODLINES Summer Annual crossover event continues from Hawkman (1993) Annual #1. As the alien parasite Venev cuts a gory swath of destruction across France, she comes head to head with Deathstroke. This tale finally answers the question of where Deathstroke gets his hardware, as we meet weaponsmith Gunther Von Horn...just in time for him to be slaughtered by Venev! And when Von Horn's 22-year-old son Andrew recovers from Venev's attack, he becomes Gunfire, the latest infusion of New Blood into the DC Universe. BLOODLINES continues in Eclipso Annual (1992) #1. Written by Len Wein, with art by Steve Erwin, Will Blyberg, John Statema, Brian Garvey and Dave Simons. Cover by Mike Zeck and Statema. 

DeathStroke 1993 Annual, page 25, Steve Erwin Art :) signed too....

20180407_124555.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

50 minutes ago, artdealer said:

Might have to reconsider selling you any other Sin City pages in the future.

MI

That would be unfortunate but I don't get why? What would you have preferred I done? Return you the piece? I don't usually attempt to return art I have purchased. Also, there is a potential I will lose money when it's auctioned so why should it matter? 

Besides - there are times you purchase art online and when you get it in hand it looks different.

Always like dealing with you Mitch but don't understand what the hard feelings would be? (shrug)

RickyB

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

So, I have another week off from my summer job at the golf course, and I chose to spend some money on original comic book art!

The pictures show two recent finds. 

I paid $120 total for the Superman Family page by Jack Abel and Frank Giacoia with Supergirl, Fortress of Solitude, and Snapper Carr..

I paid $50 total for the Marvel Team-Up 2nd Series byTom Grindberg and Richard Giordano.  Origin of Authority with a Thor and Man-Beast cameo.

I liked the titles, images, and artists!

I created the reference prints for display.

Best, David S. Albright

2018findsdet.jpg

2018finds.jpg

Edited by aokartman
clarify