The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
39 39

9,242 posts in this topic

comix4fun   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 40,819 posts

Added a couple of pieces that fit the trophy wall theme.

One was through heritage auctions, and the other was a commission piece. 

First is Richard Pace's "Harvey Dent's & Two Face's Trophy Room" I did a nice write up of how Richard and I arrived at the composition for the piece and the various thematic elements. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1449539

5a6fd02d2c0c6_PaceTwoFaceTrophyRoom.thumb.jpeg.1ed6d63fa0be7b97f37f96d450ac3006.jpeg

The other was from a Heritage Auction, but fit nicely into the theme.

Giorgio Comolo's "Space Game Hunter". 

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1449542

I've identified most of the trophies in this piece, if you can spot the ones I missed please include information in the comments, I'd appreciate the help as some of these are on the tip of my tongue but I can't place them. That's the danger of picking up a trophy room that I didn't have a hand in creating. lol

5a6fd0971f173_SpaceGameHunterComolo.thumb.jpg.d5e9c11aac223b8d788c4c309edc40ca.jpg

vodou   
  • 3,007 posts
2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I've identified most of the trophies in this piece, if you can spot the ones I missed please include information in the comments, I'd appreciate the help as some of these are on the tip of my tongue but I can't place them. That's the danger of picking up a trophy room that I didn't have a hand in creating. lol

5a6fd0971f173_SpaceGameHunterComolo.thumb.jpg.d5e9c11aac223b8d788c4c309edc40ca.jpg

Heh. When I saw this listed, immediately though of you and wondered if you'd go for it or preferred only commissioning things yourself made-to-order. Good to see it landed where it needed to.

comix4fun   
  • 40,819 posts
Just now, vodou said:

Heh. When I saw this listed, immediately though of you and wondered if you'd go for it or preferred only commissioning things yourself made-to-order. Good to see it landed where it needed to.

Ah, thanks. lol

I almost never pick up ones that weren't my idea, but I love Comolo's work and had commissioned him for one of my own years ago.

brainiac1.jpg.7aa46d04b9454a3da9c1ae045a516843.jpg

Also it wound up being less expensive than a Comolo of that detail level would cost me if I commissioned it, so it worked out. 

It seems like Trophy Wall themed covers are all over the place in the last 5-6 years by all kinds of publishers. Or at least I notice them all anyway.

Unless it's really great I don't go for most of them. 

SquareChaos   
  • 4,891 posts
25 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Added a couple of pieces that fit the trophy wall theme.

One was through heritage auctions, and the other was a commission piece. 

First is Richard Pace's "Harvey Dent's & Two Face's Trophy Room" I did a nice write up of how Richard and I arrived at the composition for the piece and the various thematic elements. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1449539

5a6fd02d2c0c6_PaceTwoFaceTrophyRoom.thumb.jpeg.1ed6d63fa0be7b97f37f96d450ac3006.jpeg

The lizard-head in the upper left could be almost anything, but I wonder if it is Gorn from Star Trek?

comix4fun   
  • 40,819 posts
17 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

The lizard-head in the upper left could be almost anything, but I wonder if it is Gorn from Star Trek?

I was thinking Gorn too, but the size is off.  It's huge compared to the Predator head. 

Thank for the help though, I am still trying. 

SquareChaos   
  • 4,891 posts
Just now, comix4fun said:

I was thinking Gorn too, but the size is off.  It's huge compared to the Predator head. 

Thank for the help though, I am still trying. 

The perspective is tough on that one, I couldn't tell how much closer to the viewing angle it really is.

The tiny head looks like nothing so much as the shrunken head from Beetlejuice but that doesn't feel like it fits. But I mean.. how many tiny headed individuals from popular culture are there that also have their mouth sewn shut?

ShrunkenHeadGuy.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

vodou   
  • 3,007 posts
7 hours ago, Squeezy McSphincter said:

The potential Gorn also kind of looks like the picture used to suggest that Obama may be an alien space lizard.  Further proof of infiltration?

barack-202x300.png

According to David Icke...yes. As if proof is even needed.

comix4fun   
  • 40,819 posts
12 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

The perspective is tough on that one, I couldn't tell how much closer to the viewing angle it really is.

The tiny head looks like nothing so much as the shrunken head from Beetlejuice but that doesn't feel like it fits. But I mean.. how many tiny headed individuals from popular culture are there that also have their mouth sewn shut?

ShrunkenHeadGuy.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Brilliant! Yes I think that's it.

Someone else left a comment on the CAF listing that the figure just above the hunter's head to the left seems to be a stylized planet of the apes gorilla. I see it now. Sort of an Ursus headdress. 

Dick Pontoon   
  • 15,345 posts

Here’s a piece I treasure from one of my favorite artists. I got this months ago and not this week, but why fuss over details?

George_Sprott.jpg

Pete Marino   
  • 1,884 posts

For the last week or so I've been busy uploading a bunch of Invisibles pages I have not posted before.  But today I got a couple of cool packages in, with 5 new pages.

A neat / rare page with the Blind Chessman, a cool story page with one of the characters talking to the king in yellow, and a half splash with King Mob declaring that the Invisibles Ride again plus more.

you can check them out here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=53881

Invisibles_Vol_1_8_19.thumb.jpg.cd4c768fd4580dc547e13387363769df.jpg

Invisibles_Vol_3_5_21.thumb.jpg.78d7971485cb8f38c0b633afe9cd68b6.jpg

Panelfan1   
  • 718 posts
6 hours ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Crazy couple months, so haven't put anything up on CAF until today. Here are three highlights:

Camelot 3000 #1 splash (first appearance King Arthur)

Walking Dead #6, pg 20 (death of Shane)

American Gods #1 (Glenn Fabry)

fullsizeoutput_63ab.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_63a3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_63a0.jpeg

Love the camelot page.  This comic was a big deal back in the day and the Bolland art still looks amazing today!  

Not a walking dead fan - but am a tony moore fan. Love the expressions!

Congrats.

RB3   
  • 302 posts

Got to meet Andy Kubert this weekend and picked up these 3 items!!

AK Cap Amer A.jpg

AK Batman A.jpg

SpeedforceKJ   
  • 164 posts

My wife and I are big fans of Jessica Cruz/Barry Allen relationship going on in JL right now. I seen this pop up on ebay and grabbed it quick. Key moment in their relationship so I wanted to us to have it.

nWuld7Bh.jpg

The Voord   
  • 427 posts

Not exactly new this week (maybe new five years ago) but earlier on today I was sorting through artwork to re-scan for CAF and I came across some artworks a local friend had gifted me.  I've not posted this one before . . . 

naylor 1.jpg