• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

I just picked up this page from Daring Adventures of Supergirl #9, 1983, all lettered on the page with some clean zipatone.  Thank you, Lee Benaka!

It's from the Lois Lane backup story and I love the layout. 

Artists Oskner and Hunt, both new to my collection!

Best, David S. Albright

loislaneosknerhunt.jpg

On 9/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, Panelfan1 said:

Just added a new Batman and Poison Ivy painting by Mark Texeira to my collection. It's the first unpublished piece I got in quite some time.  The funny thing is that unlike many others(art collectors) - Batman (himself) is one of my least favorite characters in the bat universe. I am a much bigger fan of other gotham characters and will put up having batman appear on a piece of art as long as one of the other characters is there.  I would be happy to have a drawing of just Spider-Man or just Superman,  Deadman, Blue Beetle, Hulk, Thor and many others - but for some reason I only love Batman when paired up with some other characters.

For me Batman is the straight man in a buddy story. Serious, Tough, competant - but not especially fun. I bring this all up because I recently had a discussion with a huge Batman fan who couldn't believe I got a Finch piece of Batman with Solomon Grundy - because of Grundy. Or a Fabok piece with Bats and Batgirl - primarily for Batgirl.  

In the end it doesn't matter that much that I got this piece of art for Ivy.  As my first piece of Tex art,  I am super happy to share it withall of you.

Any how - here is the link to the art.  Art on CAF.

Srn5dXxR_1809180905271gpadd.jpg

Reminds me of a Stan Woch page I used to own, this scene comes from that comic originally I think. Wish i could remember the book. Great Image.

Amazing Spider-Man #23 pg #17. 3rd appearance of the Green Goblin! The Green Goblin is in every panel on this action-packed page! Spidey is in all but one panel himself, making this one fantastic page from the formative years of the series. That first panel just sings with Ditko magic, and the rest of the page shows just how effortlessly he shifts camera angles to create a kinetic flying fight scene. A true master of the craft in action. The page is created at twice-up scale. Green Goblin vs Spider-Man battle pages RARELY come up for sale, locked away in black hole collections!

CAF link:  https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1501653

New the Comic Art Gallery pages but wanted to share my first artwork as it is a piece from Legendary artist Jeremy Dale, R.I.P. This is fitting to put this up as I first met him at Baltimore Con and he was one of the most humble and inspiring artists/creators I have met. I ran into his wife selling his work at Heroes Con this year and had talked to her about her husband, his work and she was more than glad to have these pieces sold to someone that adored her late husband's work. If you get chance to run into Kelly Dale, please take the time to talk to her.  Anyways, here's the artwork from SKYWARD (Action Labs), enjoy!

IMG_6053.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

46 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Easy reader approved comic art by Sal B and Mike E.

Yup - its juvenile, and the clown here is not Pennywise. But a long time bucket list item. 

See CAF  Post here.

bo1LoJ97_1909181405261sbpi.jpeg

Love this piece. Always had a special place for Spidey vs Hulk covers. Hope to own one day myself,

By the way - your CAF link doesn’t work so I couldn’t comment.