• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Hey all.. happy New Year! I just added my first piece of the year.

Incredible Hulk #393 Pin Up - by Herb Trimpe as he revisits Hulk #181 for the 2nd time in his career!

Thanks for looking!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1520846

RB

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

25 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Hey all.. happy New Year! I just added my first piece of the year.

Incredible Hulk #393 Pin Up - by Herb Trimpe as he revisits Hulk #181 for the 2nd time in his career!

Thanks for looking!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1520846

RB

Sweet Deal! I was just looking last night for herb Trimpe OA, this is definitely impressive :)

CONGRATS!!

49 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

First OA of 2019-  a 30 year-old Leonardi/Austin X-Men Page from Uncanny X-Men #237 & a 40 year-old Tales of the Zombie/Simon Garth Page for TOZ#7:

click on thumbnail for larger CAF view

1vHC8JGX_0601190108241gpadd.jpg,6vX7RLRC_0601190101221gpadd.jpg

Love the X-men, that was an ebay BIN?!

Hi Folks,

One of the things in my unofficial want list (not written down and only in the back of my mind) was artwork from Bernie Wrightson's Captain Sternn.  I only ever read the 90's miniseries published by Kitchen Sink so I wasn't after his earlier appearance.

Pages are rare enough to begin with and the ones that did turn up didn't interest me, until now.

I managed to buy the issue 1 unused front and back cover, as well as the corresponding colour guides.  I even set up a new CAF Gallery just for it!

link to CAF Gallery

Thanks for listening and looking

Malvin

1 hour ago, cbaileypacker said:

New modern pickup:

Adam Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 cover by Broome / Parsons

have been tracking this one down for a year and a half now.  Mission accomplished!

Cheers! 🍻

5901FA82-B131-4224-B270-83EF173075CC.jpeg

Wonder what happened to Matt Broome?  Loved his work on Defcon 4 and wilcats/X-Men.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:56 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

An addition I'm very happy to make to my collection that I surprisingly got as a Christmas gift. I've mentioned it before but I'm a sucker for good dialogue which this page has when dealing with Galactus's thoughts of being lonely and thinking of the Silver Surfer. Even when I read the series this page stuck with me because of it and always thought it would be cool to own. When I saw it in the recent Clink auction, I thought to myself how I wish I could go after it but didn't have the finances. You can probably guess my expression when I unwrapped it.

2027442354_ROMSpaceKnight27pg.7.thumb.png.ff9aca931c4116cce9e3bd4731419ffb.png

That would have made an awesome present to myself - alas I was outbid at last second .

But I’m glad it did find a good home!