• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,744 posts in this topic

Just finished unwpacking this:

mayoredsonja.jpg

at 23"x30" it's just stunning in-person. A scan does not do it justice. I can't wait to get this piece on my wall.

Bad :headbang:

You should see this on the wall. I already got it back from the framer, and it's proudly up on the wall. I've had a few OA pieces that I really liked, but I can honestly tell you that I love this piece in-person. Some would say it's an unnatural love... lol

I think you should show pics......of it framed, not of your 'unnatural love' :eek:

lol

Here we go - looks super awesome in it's frame!

Another grail off my list. The cover of Journey Into Mystery #645 by Stephanie Hans. Watercolor. Gorgeous, gorgeous piece.

tumblr_n9hhbvpJBw1qbr00oo1_500.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Wow, great pickup. One of my favorite covers from this run, plus one of the few she's done that's not digital. I'm very jealous.

One nice painting and a couple of sketches were my main additions this SDCC.

I have a Jack and King that Jaime Carrillo painted in years' past, but this year he added the Queen, which was an easy choice to add to the set.

JaimeCarilloQueenofSpades_zps940a9a2b.jpg

th_JaimeCarrilloJackQueenKing_zps88cf7828.jpg

I have been waiting a long (long, long, long) time for a Tommy Castillo commissioned painting. The painting should be coming soon, but these are the pencils he drew that he is basing the painting on. I couldn't leave this one sitting behind.

TommyCastilloDeadMansHand_zps41137e0f.jpg

My wife and I are suckers for Alex Ross, so we picked up a preliminary sketch he did for the comic book cover he painted for "Super 8."

AlexRossSuper8_zps90ac6840.jpg

th_Super8_zpsc59fbe7c.jpg

Lastly, it was great to finally ask Stan Sakai for a quick sketch.

StanSakaiUsagiYojimbo_zpscd03e7e3.jpg

This showed up yesterday, off to the framers today. Was really drawn to this by the super sexy (read: non-manly) Bisley rendition of Vampirella, 12"x17" on illustration board. The zombies and Nosferatu in the background are a lot of fun, too.

2Rp7F17N_3107141802031.jpg

Arrived Saturday morning . . . another neat Magic the Gathering painting by the underrated Kev Walker . . .

darksteel2.jpg

Darksteel Reactor

A full bleed of the painting can be see as an additional image in my CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=140935

Magic the Gathering Gallery

Elektra: Assassin by Bill Sienkiewicz (click to see CAF):

4OsgnnrB_0408141743491.jpg

I'm so happy to own these great pieces of art! :banana:

I've been looking at Bill S. work lately, that's a great piece!