• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

Just got back from trading with dealer man again. I got four pieces, this was the one I saw there that I picked up on a whim to make a deal work. Impatient Sean strikes again! Completely by Mark Buckingham, colored markers and all.

SWScan00308.jpg

Edited by Bird

I never thought that I would own a cover by Eduardo Barreto, but then this turned up on eBay:

B7AZf6aCcAASZsc.jpg

The cover for Cobb #1. A miniseries written by Beau Smith and drawn entirely by Barreto (both pencils and ink). The first issue can be read here (pdf-format).

It looks better in black and white. (I wonder if the colors were meant to come out that muddy?) Click on the picture to see a larger version of it in my Barreto gallery on CAF. And if the rumours speaks the truth, Cobb is headed for television in the near future...

My first post here, starting with two.

First up, Captain Britain Page 3 Issue 16 Vol. 1 from 1976 by Herb Trimpe featuring the first meeting of Captain Britain and Captain America (billed as the "Battle of the Century").

16111821089_30df6f623e_c.jpg

Second up, creature cover art to Enormous #2 (215 Iink) by Mehdi Cheggour.

16271550896_034a91c346_c.jpg

I had my most arduous trade session yet today. Two hours until I walked out with five pieces. Here are three scanned already.

Paul Smith X-Men, inked by Hilary Barta

btmQMIOe_1701152001401.jpg

Bernie Wrightson pencils for HYDE card

eY9OPGGv_1701151957041.jpg

Gene Colan inked by Ernie Chan, check out that Black Widow!

lPMbZutl_1701152207011.jpg

Edited by Bird

Okay, one more - I showed this in my ebay thread so sorry for the repeat post

zUrv0m0n_1701151953211.jpg

In the top panel it looks like Adam Warlock, Captain Marvel and Captain America. What is going on in the Marvel Universe? I want to read this comic based on this page. Acquired in trade, that is why I have no clue what is going on. Good Cheung and good Thanos shot was enough for me to pull the trigger.

I really enjoyed Elf Quest when I was growing up and always wanted to get a few pages from the first run. As most of you know all those pages are now at Columbia University.

I was very happy last week when Catskill Comics posted these pages from Elf Quest: Hidden Years.

elfQuest_HiddenYears10_5.jpg

elfQuest_HiddenYears10_10.jpg

elfQuest_HiddenYears10_11.jpg

For Christmas, Kathy, the Wonder Wife, commissioned Yale Stewart to take the class photo of the JL8 kids. I think he did a terrific job (It’s hard to get them all to behave, especially the bad guys). Click the image to embiggen:

qcV5gIx4_2601152316191.jpg

If you don’t read his JL8 webcomic, you are missing a treat. You can check it out here.

For Christmas, Kathy, the Wonder Wife, commissioned Yale Stewart to take the class photo of the JL8 kids. I think he did a terrific job (It’s hard to get them all to behave, especially the bad guys). Click the image to embiggen:

qcV5gIx4_2601152316191.jpg

If you don’t read his JL8 webcomic, you are missing a treat. You can check it out here.

That's brilliant!

I heard about the JL8 webcomic several months ago and once I started it I couldn't stop. Read the whole thing in one sitting with a cup of coffee and a massive grin on my face. It is indeed a real treat.