• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Been looking for a nice Samurai themed page for a while. Came across this on eBay today and snagged it. Anyone know if this book is any good? It's called "Shadow Hawks of Legends" and it came out in 1995 as a one-shot. Apparently Alan Moore and Stan Sakai and others were involved (the art from this page was drawn by James Fry).

Samurai-pic_zps4lmblczx.jpg

Edited by justin

Been looking for a nice Samurai themed page for a while. Came across this on eBay today and snagged it. Anyone know if this book is any good? It's called "Shadow Hawks of Legends" and it came out in 1995 as a one-shot. Apparently Alan Moore and Stan Sakai and others were involved.

I've never read the book, but if Alan Moore and Stan Sakai were involved, I'd say it already looks good!

It's a very nice looking page, by the way.

Not really comic art but I am captivated by it...Phil Noto, Ripley

phil%20noto_ripley_zps4tnzslvo.jpg

:applause:

I was curious if this made its way to the 'bay because of my post, but either way glad to see it found a good home with a boardie.

:applause:

I was curious if this made its way to the 'bay because of my post, but either way glad to see it found a good home with a boardie.

I did not see the post regarding Ripley, but the post about the exhibit did make me look for examples of his work and the moment I saw the Ripley I was like wow. Still waiting for it to arrive. Seller would not negotiate a better price, I'm sure he make a profit on it but still I am delighted

Watched Alien with my 10 year old daughter and at the end showed her the painting image

Not really comic art but I am captivated by it...Phil Noto, Ripley

phil%20noto_ripley_zps4tnzslvo.jpg

I'm kinda in love with this.

:takeit:

Seriously though, as an Alien and Noto collector, I love that piece. Wish I'd seen it before. Awesome pickup!

Here's another new purchase.

Beautifully matted & framed, it is incredibly difficult to find any page with this combination of characters, let alone a great double page splash! The classic "New" X-Men team -- Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Colossus, Jean Grey (as Phoenix), and the Beast -- all appear in this awesome piece in battle against Magneto while Doctor Doom hovers overhead! From the 1998 Annual, this impressive Aaron Lopresti spread is certainly one of the most inclusive X-Men pieces you can find. A huge Wolverine dominates the foreground while Colossus gets ready to clobber Magneto while Nightcrawler absconds with his helmet. This double splash art has an image area of approximately 21" x 15" and it is signed by Lopresti at the lower left.

CAF link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1311085

XmenAnnual98_zpsyiif5rek.jpg

Here's another new purchase.

Beautifully matted & framed, it is incredibly difficult to find any page with this combination of characters, let alone a great double page splash! The classic "New" X-Men team -- Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Colossus, Jean Grey (as Phoenix), and the Beast -- all appear in this awesome piece in battle against Magneto while Doctor Doom hovers overhead! From the 1998 Annual, this impressive Aaron Lopresti spread is certainly one of the most inclusive X-Men pieces you can find. A huge Wolverine dominates the foreground while Colossus gets ready to clobber Magneto while Nightcrawler absconds with his helmet. This double splash art has an image area of approximately 21" x 15" and it is signed by Lopresti at the lower left.

CAF link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1311085

XmenAnnual98_zpsyiif5rek.jpg

Congrats on an extraordinary piece West :applause: