• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Just picked up this nice Cassaday Planetary page. Really wanted something with everyone on it and was happy to add it.

link

Well done! I am a big fan of his art on Planetary.

Just picked up this nice Cassaday Planetary page. Really wanted something with everyone on it and was happy to add it.

link

Well done! I am a big fan of his art on Planetary.

Thanks! His work is just amazing and the entire Warren Ellis/Cassaday body of work on Planetary was just amazing.

More P. Craig Russell pages (6 and 8) from Marvel Premiere 7 (1973). There is no Doctor Strange on these new pages. These two new pages combine nicely with my page 21 to make a great sequence. Although the pages had multiple inkers the effect of very early PCR pages is seeing a great artist stretch his legs for the first time.

QizevPEg_2204161616071gpadd.jpg

1DV1yzNG_2204161619081gpadd.jpg

mp7p21large.jpg

Sabine Wonder Woman Sketch

2q81vug.jpg

I'm enjoying watching Sabine Rich's growth, both as a colorist and as an artist in her own right. Her fan base must be growing because her published cover work has always sold when I make an inquiry.

It's been almost 2 years since I purchased something in the world of OA. I was getting an itch to purchase something New Warriors related. So I this on Ebay. It's a color guide and the price was right.

161993.jpg.6e5ad7788f08ce4fbbc316e3e512f925.jpg

1966 Strange Tales #143 Nick Fury Story (Stats)- An almost complete Nick Fury story. Pencils: Jack Kirby (layouts); Howard Purcell Inks: Mike Esposito [as M. Demeo]. From the Howard Purcell estate. I think he had these made as reference for stories he worked on. I think I am missing 2 pages from the story (but I have to check). I know I don't have the splash or the full page "Kirby" machine.

While stats are just photographs of the original art, they still are wonderful to study the pages.

Strange Tales 143 stats of Nick Fury story

My tastes in OA are fairly eclectic. Been meaning to purchase a few examples of Movie Poster OA for some time and I happened upon this original - measuring a large 21" x 28" - earlier this week at what I considered to be a giveaway price.

The artist is Tom Chantrell, a British painter who enjoyed a long career as a prolific Movie Poster artist.

From a 1969 movie called 'The Christmas Tree' that I don't ever recall seeing (and probably don't want to see anytime soon), but I am a fan of the artist's works, so I'm happy to have landed a nice example of an original painting . . .

Christmas%202_2.jpg

New in . . . original painting for the 1963 British historical adventure, 'Siege of the Saxons'.

"King Arthur learns one of his knights is plotting to take over and marry his daughter. Soon the soldiers of double-dealing Edmund of Cornwall slay King Arthur. However his daughter Katherine escapes with the help of outlaw Robert Marshall. Claiming she is dead Edmund makes ready to usurp the throne in league with Saxon invaders. Katherine and Robert go to find the great wizard Merlin to help them save Camelot and England. He announces that whichever Knight wishes to marry the princess must first remove King Arthur's sword from the scabbard and prove his right to the throne."

Siege%20of%20the%20Saxons.jpg