• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

This just arrived the other day. I am thrilled to bits! A big thanks to Stanley for doing this!

2ldyslj.jpg

:cloud9:

Finally getting around to posting some new pick-ups, the most impressive of which is this:

vko4chHT_1605162030391gpadd.jpg

Also posted a cool pin-up of the Punisher by Kevin Nowlan, a Daredevil page by Cam Kennedy, and a Sonny and Cher pin-up. Yeah, I know--I have weird taste. If you are so inclined, you can check them out here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=1498

Best,

Jeremy

Just got back from Motor City Con here are some pieces I picked up, the con drawings at in the commissions section.

Love the covers Nick Bradshaw is doing for the series

Rocketeer at War #3

RxZG9X9c_1705160324141gpadd.jpg

s9VsPNS9_1705160321221gpadd.jpg

I forgot José Luis García-López did a few pages for Many World of Tesla Strong. Great layout.

KST4AUsE_1705160308021gpadd.jpg

A predone piece by Alan, similar to another iPod I already have by him, makes great bookends.

S07Ni1sJ_1705160310131gpadd.jpg

Nice Steed and Peel #7 cover by Joe Corroney

pZq4UZ5m_1705160306401gpadd.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck

Finally getting around to posting some new pick-ups, the most impressive of which is this:

vko4chHT_1605162030391gpadd.jpg

Also posted a cool pin-up of the Punisher by Kevin Nowlan, a Daredevil page by Cam Kennedy, and a Sonny and Cher pin-up. Yeah, I know--I have weird taste. If you are so inclined, you can check them out here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=1498

Best,

Jeremy

Very cool cover :applause:

Had a very interesting pick up. Issue 49 page 14 of the defenders by Keith Giffen and Mike Royer from 1977. Just stylized and dynamic as hell. Keith went nuts at times, and so he did here. Love watching "HULK SMASH" type panels and pages unfold. Fun stuffz.....

bJTj2Xb2_1905161952481gpadd.jpg

Had a very interesting pick up. Issue 49 page 14 of the defenders by Keith Giffen and Mike Royer from 1977. Just stylized and dynamic as hell. Keith went nuts at times, and so he did here. Love watching "HULK SMASH" type panels and pages unfold. Fun stuffz.....

I'm unfamiliar with the source material, so this is my first look at (most any) Defenders. Very nice! Lots of visual punch. My eyes stay interested after going around the page multiple times. And I sure can see plenty of Erik Larsen in there. I know he was fond of Kirby and has done his fair share of oblique homages even. Is this Giffen's fondness (??) mirroring the same, or was Erik a fan of early Giffen too? (???)

Giffen was so out there I think he was a huge influence on guys like Larsen, sienkiewicz (along with Adams), and most guys who tried to incorporate that animated cartoonish look. I think mignola probably would list Giffen as a big influence also in terms of shading and page layout. This page is about as unfiltered Giffen as you can see early on before that insane look he developed in the 90s. I love art.

I like it, especially that bottom panel

Back in March, PopBoom released their short film based on Josh Howard's Dead@17. The film called "Dead@17 Rebirth" was directed by Jack Heller and stars CC Weske as Nara Kilday and Lucy Freyer as Hazy Foss. You can watch it on

. As a promotion for the short film Jack and Josh wrote a new Dead@17 comic that tells the story through Nara's perspective. I was able to purchase the roughs and found out afterwords that Jack Heller owns the inked pages. You can see all of the pages in the Dead@17 Rebirth Roughs Gallery on CAF. :luhv:

nC81jm.jpg

wsZkCC.jpg

I was also able to get a page that Josh did for the Dead@17 Complete Collection which fits in the same issue that I am trying to reassemble. Of course the page only exists in the Complete Collection but I am very happy to have it. Any day I can get a new Hazy page is a great day. :cloud9:

Dead@17 The Complete Collection Page 340

jJWr7V.jpg