• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Commissioned by my daughter, drawn by Brent with some consulting by his fiancee Emily, and signed by Jack Gleeson (King Joffrey).

Take a look:

VYL6CsXQ_0606162336091gpadd.jpg

You can see it signed by Joffrey in the Additional Images.

Some of you might know my modest OA collection was lost during a transatlantic move a few years ago. Well now that I am again gainfully employed, I can start to rebuild my collection. My portfolio was filled with Green Lantern art, mostly from the 80s, but some more recent pieces by Reis and EVS.

So a piece came up in the current ComicConnect auction and after some "extended bidding" it was mine.

I love Staton before he got a little to blocky and cartoony, and this one is a nice early 80s page with lots of Corps members included.

a7mAIv3.jpg

Some of you might know my modest OA collection was lost during a transatlantic move a few years ago. Well now that I am again gainfully employed, I can start to rebuild my collection. My portfolio was filled with Green Lantern art, mostly from the 80s, but some more recent pieces by Reis and EVS.

So a piece came up in the current ComicConnect auction and after some "extended bidding" it was mine.

I love Staton before he got a little to blocky and cartoony, and this one is a nice early 80s page with lots of Corps members included.

a7mAIv3.jpg

I like it

Howdy,

Just added not one, but two- classic Marvel 1970's Horror Magazine Covers to my CAF gallery:

Monsters Unleashed #7 Painted Cover

&

Vampire Tales #11 Painted Cover

I also have 25 pages of the interiors to the Morbius story in VT #11 in that same gallery, so you can pretty much read the whole story.

happy Friday.

Finally pulled the trigger on a All Star Batman & Robin DPS I've wanted for a good long while. This page has great shot so Robin in costume with Batman in costume but with his cowl not over his face in most panels. These 2 pages are actually where Batman reveals his secret identity to Robin (while they try to save Hal Jordan's life). Some excellent storytelling panels on this one. Thanks for looking and comments are always appreciated!

All Star Batman and Robin DPS

I met Mr. Phil Hester for the first time this past weekend at the Phoenix Comic Con.

He had a portfolio of art as well as a stack of $20 pages. After flipping through the portfolio I started randomly looking through the 6" stack of pages he brought along. One sort of looked familiar. Then I realized it's from a story I pull out and read every few years, FREAKS' AMOUR. I asked if he had any more of these and he said there were a few more in there. "A few more" turned out to be about 30 :tonofbricks: .

FREAKS' AMOUR 01 Page 45 on CAF.

Lesson for the weekend? There is still affordable art out there. New collectors are not priced out of the hobby if their scope is wide enough :news:

Howdy,

Just added not one, but two- classic Marvel 1970's Horror Magazine Covers to my CAF gallery:

Monsters Unleashed #7 Painted Cover

&

Vampire Tales #11 Painted Cover

I also have 25 pages of the interiors to the Morbius story in VT #11 in that same gallery, so you can pretty much read the whole story.

happy Friday.

Love me some painted cover original art from the 70s :applause:

Prototype artwork for the 1966 UK movie, I'VE GOTTA HORSE starring Billy Fury (an Elvis Presley-influenced British singer popular at the time). Prior to the go-ahead being given on a movie poster campaign, artists would submit several designs for consideration to the studio clients. This particular design was not used, but is energetic and fun. Image size of 20" x 15".

The finished poster design can be seen as an additional image in my CAF (see link in my signature line).

horse%201.jpg

I'VE GOTTA HORSE movie poster prototype painting by Tom Chantrell

"I'VE GOTTA HORSE was Billy Fury's second hit feature film, a semi-atobiographical musical comedy that also featured Amanda Barrie, Michael Medwin, Jon Pertwee and pop bands The Gamblers and The Bachelors. It also featured Fury's own race horse, Anselmo, and several of his own dogs. Larry Parnes ,Billy Fury's manager, co-wrote the original story and co-produced ,while Kenneth Hume directed,co-produced and co-wrote the story, with musical direction by Mike Leander. This 1966 UK release was filmed on location at Great Yarmouth where Fury had just finished his summer season at the Royal Aquarium Theatre (which was used as the theatre in the film), with shooting also taking place at Shepperton Studios. The film is also known as WONDERFUL DAY."

Doctor Strange Art day

I won this in the CLINK auction and it fills an important hole in my collection. Paul Smith is widely admired for his work on Doctor Strange but I also feel that Terry Austin is his best inker. Other may have their doubts but this is the page I needed:

Doctor Strange 73 p. 17 (Oct. 1985)-

lkT3Ifkx_1406161759271sbpi.jpg

The second page is a landmark in the life of Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange quits! Similar to the "Spider-man no more!" sequence, when Roy Thomas was writing Doctor Strange he finished off the storyline by have Doctor Strange quit. An ordinary panel page with unique content drawn by Herb Trimpe.

The Incredible Hulk 126 p. 20 (April 1970)

ubomkIZn_1406161758251sbpi.jpg

The Book of Strange CAF Gallery