• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

A couple of great new Doctor Strange pages:

Marvel Premiere 8 p 15 (May 1973)
Artists: Jim Starlin (Penciller) ,  Frank  Giacoia (Inker) ,  David Hunt (Inker)

Marvel Premiere 8 p 15 (May 1973) Comic Art

Doctor Strange 25 p. 7
Artists: Al Milgrom (Penciller) ,  Pablo Marcos (All)

Doctor Strange 25 p. 7 Comic Art

Doctor Strange 27 p. 26
Artists: Tom Sutton (Penciller) ,  Ernie Chan (Inker)

Doctor Strange 27 p. 26 Comic Art

Book of Strange CAF Gallery

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

Nice! I like Jason Pearson's work a lot and hope that he is in a good place. Crazy cool Penguin with some nice crosshatching there.

Thanks.  Definitely a talented guy.

In my continuing quest to spend my daughter's inheritance, I purchased a custom piece from David Finch at Comicpalooza. David is the current Batman artist and well-known his work at DC's major competitor Marvel Comics.

Did I get one of those well-known characters? Nope. I got Ultraman, the chief villain of the first comic that I ever read. You can see and read about it here:

Ultraman of the Crime Syndicate of America

On 15/05/2017 at 5:50 AM, Captain Canuck said:

2 custom Walking Dead pieces I got from Charlie Adlard this weekend at TCAF. IMG_6862.thumb.JPG.d37ad70f74530c48ed6516ea9990a0c0.JPGIMG_6876.thumb.JPG.ba9c3f48f3ea57738dd9773ccae5a076.JPG

Ahhhh... so that was you who got those done. Saw them the other day via a friend on Facebook who messaged me some pics because he thought I would enjoy them :) Congrats they are both really cool especially seeing as you and Charlie are in there on the second one ;)

Oh... came here to say I updated my CAF with a few more Badger pages http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Bill+Reinhold&GCat=91382 :shy:

Today I bought my first Arthur "Art" Adams cover (thanks Moy) - now I own an illustration of an entity that just might be able to kick Galactus' butt if they were ever able to meet :grin:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1395314

I really love the use of perspective, light & shadows and the simply amazing detail :cloud9:

BTW, this week at work I was testing a young man with autism with some advanced tests, where he had to copy difficult designs. He was quite good at drawing, but watching him I couldn't help thinking about the incredible skill Arthur Adams shows when drawing a cover with this many details. 

I don't think that comic book artist should bow to any other artists - ok, maybe to the spirits of van Gogh, Gaugain and Picasso hm - but I'm not sure any of these old painters would be better at drawing bricks and using perspective than the top comic book artists 2c :wink:  

Edited by Rune