• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,744 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

So excited to add a prime 1970s Tomb of Dracula cover by the great team of Colan and Palmer.   It's from the "Final Death of Dracula" (but nothing is ever 'final' at Marvel) storyline and if you're curious about an evil-talking brain in a glass box, I invite you to have a look.

TOD #39

That is one great looking cover, huge congrats

I bought a book off eBay and when it arrived I received a nice little surprise. The seller is an artist and sketched a ghost rider bust on the back of the back board.

Since then, I looked up the artist and commissioned a piece. The artist is J. Christopher Schmidt and look forward to my piece!

http://artisticschmidt.myfreesites.net/

https://mobile.twitter.com/artisticschmidt

IMG_5819.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG

Got this in today, along with three movie poster paintings.

Original painting used for the commercial break in the Channel 3 screening of 1960s television series, THE OUTER LIMITS. My guess is that Channel 3 was a local TV station - so any further information would be welcome.

No idea who the artist is, but his obvious inspiration is 1950s science-fiction movies (e.g. DESTINATION MOON).

Outer Limits commercial bumper.jpg

On 10/1/2017 at 8:49 AM, GreatEscape said:

So excited to add a prime 1970s Tomb of Dracula cover by the great team of Colan and Palmer.   It's from the "Final Death of Dracula" (but nothing is ever 'final' at Marvel) storyline and if you're curious about an evil-talking brain in a glass box, I invite you to have a look.

TOD #39

NeoUY0vB_1607171939001gpadd.jpg

Simply a fantastic cover to own. Congrats!!^^