• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,744 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Love this drawing. interesting to see the rectangle in the background. Ron Frenz does the same thing with many of his sketches. wonder if its an artist trick from back in the day that classic comic artists like to use.

Such a simple thing, but it add's depth and contrast enough to make all the lines pop forward.  I've seen this trick on occasion as well.  Great piece too BTW!

36 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Also grabbed this early Sin City: Big Fat Kill splash of Miho in action. This was my favorite issue of the mini series!

Thanks for looking!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1465348

it took me a minute there when I first looked at it. where is the guys face? is that laser light coming out of his neck? and then I saw it.  only miller could have done it this way. very nice pick up.

6 hours ago, Canadiancomics said:

image.thumb.jpeg.06b31078827f6fdb83dbde51ac1279f2.jpegLatest addition to my Amazing Spider-Man 100 jam piece, courtesy of Ron Frenz, who completed Spider-Man. 9 villains left to go and this thing is complete, list of artists and characters below;

Frenz- Spider-Man
Hughes- Gwen Stacy
Larsen- Doc Ock
Ramos- Green Goblin
Sinnott- Doc Doom
Granov- Venom 
McGuiness- Mysterio
Crain- Carnage
Pollard- Black Cat
Jusko- Electro
Zeck- Punisher

nice idea. and you can use the $400,000+ savings to do other cool things

On 4/8/2018 at 6:15 PM, RICKYBOBBY said:

That would be unfortunate but I don't get why? What would you have preferred I done? Return you the piece? I don't usually attempt to return art I have purchased. Also, there is a potential I will lose money when it's auctioned so why should it matter? 

Besides - there are times you purchase art online and when you get it in hand it looks different.

Always like dealing with you Mitch but don't understand what the hard feelings would be? (shrug)

RickyB

He's a Knob, that's why

So far it’s been a very good art month for me. I have not bought as much original art I as did last year but the pieces I have acquired have meant a lot. Last month I bought a page from the excellent Green Lantern Earth One by Gabriel Hardman and Corinna Bechko. Then I lucked out on this gorgeous warm up sketch of Will Eisner’s the Spirit by Daniel Warren Johnson and last but not least I finally own a page by Jim Aparo!!! Aparo is my grail Batman artist so this is a really big collecting mile stone for me and I just had to share.

6B026B98-D0D8-4CD7-BCB3-5DED83D4694D.jpeg

04781855-B298-4863-9C99-A0AA6DDE4044.jpeg

8DED911F-1590-4732-8843-A09598177F9D.jpeg

It's been some time since I added anything to my collection but when I saw this amazing Deadly Class cover coming up for sale I had to have it. This cover was used twice, once in it's entirety for the upcoming cover for Deadly Class Volume 7 tpb and the top half for the cover to issue #32. It features the entire current gang of heroes (if you can call trained teenage killers heroes) and villains not too mention a ton of yakuza ninja's in the back. Love Wes' work on this and happy to have it in my collection

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1465929

thanks for looking and comments are always welcome

mathew