• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

I blame Rob Stolzer for this purchase. He has a large selection of Drumm strips and I've enjoyed looking through them. I recently ended up with quite a few ebay bucks and decided a Tippie strip would be really nice. There was a terrific Sunday on ebay, but I got cheap and lost it. These two make a nice replacement. 

image.png.3fd96ed6bf646ff5b3398350a588e81b.png

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1485582

Starting my SDCC 2018 week off right.

This piece is a two year collaboration that turned out even better than I could have imagined.

At the 2017 C2E2 I met Dan and had the opportunity to get on his list. That alone was amazing. When it was done and I picked it up hesaid with all the times people have Commissioned him to draw Superman no ones ever asked for this pose. Which surprised me I love that it's so simple and iconic. I have always loved this pose. When I was a little kid I loved that Superman wore glasses like me. And the costume reveal/transformation show that.

In May of 2018 I met Inker extraordinaire Brett Breeding at Three Rivers Comic Con. I asked Brett if he was taking any inking commissions and he said he could maybe fit it in but he offered if I wanted to have it inked with his full ink kit he would be willing to take it home and ink it there. Knowing that this would allow him to take his time I immediately took him up on the offer. Less than two months later I received word it was done and it is GLORIOUS.

“The Death of Superman” was the first major comic event I ever experienced. It was the first time I learned there was more than one comic shop. I went to the phone book and called Adventures in Comics who told me they would be receiving more copies but it was not the first printing in the black bag. I didn’t care, I was just so excited to read the story. I was at the age where I honestly believed that when Superman died he was not coming back. The artwork was incredible, the power, the great use of the splash page. With Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding drawing my definitive Superman it is just incredible to have this collaboration in my collection.

465CF9F9-A2C4-417A-B79C-68D10958AC2A.jpeg

2 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This one's NSFW I'm afraid. It's Joe Rubinstein drawing the Teen Titans ... doing what teens sometimes do. :) 

Untitled-1.jpg

You might consider putting the image in a spoiler field. 

Ah, apologies, I didn't realize I could do that! All done.

Edited by ahsieh

The Ultimate Comic art show last Sunday yielded a treasure to me, a complete story!

"What If Doctor Strange Took All the Infinity Gems?"

In January 1995 there was a fill-in issue of Warlock and The Infinity Force that functioned also as a "What-If" story of Dr. Strange.  Written by guest writer Evan Skolnick and penciled and inked by guest artist Lee Sullivan this is an amazing all-action issue. Plus like a classic "what-if" story, nothing is changed by the end of it. 

Evan Skolnick was no stranger (pun intended) to Doctor Strange having written for Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme (1988)
#77 - 'Dead Reckoning'
#78 - 'The Sensual World'
#79 - 'Farewell, Nightmare Music'
#82 - 'Earthquake Logic: Seismics'

Full story here: http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=191649

180718165555UeYG00PQor1gpmia.jpg

180718165154GREH1FaIFT1gpmia.jpg

jv76uenk_1807181645411gpadd.jpg