The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
54 54

10,282 posts in this topic

2,498 posts

Back in 1993, Marvel introduced the Mys-Tech Wars as the Mother-of-all Marvel cross-overs, a truly global event uniting Marvel's US and UK heroes at the time...X-Men, Avengers, Secret Defenders, Excalibur, Captain America, Fantastic Four, X-Factor, Spider-Man, Cable, Hulk, Thor, Doctor Strange, Wolverine, Captain Britain, and Nick Fury just to name a few.  I'm excited to post Brian Hitch's incredibly detailed triple gate-fold cover, drawn on three boards with a combined image area of a large flat screen TV and more characters than President Trump can Tweet!   

Link: Mys-Tech Wars #1

5CuTfpuT_0606181605011sbpi.jpg#.WyQmi0Ji

Edited by GreatEscape

75 posts

I finally had the chance to update my CAF with a couple of recent (and some not-so-recent) purchases.  My collection is beginning to cook with dash of Superman, a pinch of Batman and some spilled wine.  Enjoy!

3,598 posts

I’ll never get my hands on a Carl Barks page or painting, but I now have a wonderful example of his best successor - Don Rosa.

Kathy, my Wonder Wife, did it again. Check it out here.
image.png.8809274299e84bbae72705a2ff9e335b.png

1,431 posts
8 hours ago, chico_suave_58 said:

I finally had the chance to update my CAF with a couple of recent (and some not-so-recent) purchases.  My collection is beginning to cook with dash of Superman, a pinch of Batman and some spilled wine.  Enjoy!

Let me suggest you keep some distance between the collection and the wine.

4,297 posts

I just uploaded one of my Comiclink wins from one of the previous smaller auctions - A punisher max page by Medina.  I love it because I really like it when they emphasize his skull!

CAF Link

Thanks for looking

Malvin

11,816 posts

Recently acquired a Bill Sienkiewicz Fantastic Four  Page from Issue 227

4968122E-9B2E-4D8E-8AF2-D355AA608965.jpeg

3,598 posts

I’ve been a fan of Brent’s work since The Last of the Greats (wish that was going to be completed).

I’ve enjoyed his work on The New Superman and picked up this piece at his signing at Houston’s Bedrock City Comic Company.
image.png.277661601713b9b6f03c766b42eb0576.png

30,089 posts
On 6/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, minisink warrior said:

Acquired a few more New Mutants pages by Rob Liefeld 

EE741629-AEE6-46A7-8240-D2B759D365E0.jpeg

5263FE3A-180C-48C3-A2FD-A335E9F6853F.jpeg

4A7ADAA5-D29F-4F14-8296-509A885AEEF2.jpeg

Very nice. And speaking of Cable. Here is one that three artists contributed to

9853C0BF-3B58-4144-878F-E84109D949D3.jpeg

4,297 posts

Another page in the "I didn't even knew it existed until I saw it, but knew I wanted it when I saw it" - A great Mike Zeck Captain America splash!

CAF Link

Thanks for looking

Malvin

1,043 posts
5 hours ago, malvin said:

Another page in the "I didn't even knew it existed until I saw it, but knew I wanted it when I saw it" - 

Amen and hallelluja brother!

2,498 posts

Happy Father’s Day to all!  Speaking of dads, here’s a classic Jim Steranko X-Men #51 page from "The Devil Had a Daughter!", an incredible battle page with both Magneto and Lorna Dane (Polaris).  After Magneto reveals he is Lorna's father, invites her to join him to rule the world and declares war against the X-men, Cyclops responses with a powerful punch!

Artistically, this X-Men page contains several Steranko hallmarks like “motion blur”, dynamic anatomy, “op art” backgrounds and mind-blowing perspectives.  As one of the great innovators of narrative art, Steranko infused concepts from pop art, psychedelia, advertising and commercial design to bring surrealism (aka “optical art”) to comics that remains influential today— over 50 years later.  Enjoy!

Steranko X-Men #51

Edited by GreatEscape

9,158 posts

I recently purchased these 14x20 pages from Mike Royer. He wasn't sure for which B&W mag they were intended, but I'm thinking Marvel Premiere (1978).

For whatever reason they were reported "lost in a fire" in 1978. A couple years later Marvel "found" them, and returned them to Mike. Sorry for the fuzzy pics.

Sq9jds8.jpgostBe6y.jpgbauxQ6P.jpggkmL6av.jpglBvRu8O.jpgnayXUoO.jpg

690 posts

Hi, I just picked up this great 124 page interior from a 1972 Mexican mini-comic.  Great period art!  Best, David S. Albright

micro.jpg

4,297 posts

It's very niche, which makes it very affordable even though it's by Dale Keown, but I added another great Dragonforce page from his Aircel days!

CAF Link

Thanks for looking

Malvin

3,598 posts

Heroescon 2018 is over, but I'm still thrilled with what happened. Here are three items that are the direct result of the con. Be sure to click the images to get a bigger picture and read the details.

Don Rosa added color to my Scrooge and Donald birthday present! Check it out!

Uncle Scooge and Donald Hanging Out Together by Don Rosa, Comic Art

My first jam is complete! Sgt. Rock and Easy Company charge into battle. The Kubert image is printed on the page from the original that I own. Matthew Clark did the layout around that image and various artists completed it. I think I'm going to do that again! :)
Easy Company by Matthew Clark et al, Comic Art

We finally won (after 5 years of trying) a David Petersen painted piece featuring Mouse Guard characters - Kenzie in this case. Yay! The story of our long search might be fun to read. Click and see.
Kenzie by David Petersen, Comic Art

I also have a piece that I've had for a long time, but never scanned. The original Omnicoms from the Legion 5YL stories. They were used to frame text pieces in the books.
Omnicoms by Keith Giffen, Comic Art

Last, I have a Don Rosa piece that I had not posted.
Uncle Scrooge by Don Rosa, Comic Art

It's been a busy week and I'm not through posting our Heroescon pickups. More to come.