The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
54 54

10,346 posts in this topic

1,353 posts
16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can't just give that a like lol

It needs a post, it's Awesome! A lot of stuff posted here is, but this is right up my alley.   Congrats!

Its a simple cover but classic IMO

4,309 posts

I just added an EVS Wolverine Con Commission!

CAF Link

Thanks for looking

Malvin

1,045 posts

Now a days - political correctness - is at an all time high - so not sure how this piece would play if it were produced today, rather than in 1987.  Personally, I have been after comic art featuring characters from old time cartoons (like Space Ghost, Spiderman and his amazing friends, super friends, etc..) for a while now.  Long before I ever held a comic in my hands, I fell in love with cartoons.  So comics based on cartoons were a natural attraction for me.  Here is a racy yet simultaneously innocent pin up of Jezebel Jade and the Jonny Quest gang from back in the day.

see it HERE.

johnny.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1

58 posts

From SDCC. 

Nite Owl. Golden Age cover commission. By Dave Gibbons. To describe this piece as infinitely special doesn’t even begin to cover it. With Watchmen Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore created a story that redefined the medium. My favorite sections were about Hollis Mason the Golden Age Nite-Owl. I poured over them constantly. My comic Mysteryman exists because I wanted more adventures with the character. So to have a new piece of Watchmen artwork by the original artist is just amazing. I love that Dave made it a cover to a comic book. This feels like this should be in Hollis’ apartment, hanging on the wall. It’s a little meta and it makes me love it all the more. I am so grateful that I got to thank Dave for this piece in person over the weekend.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1487366

F5ADE3E9-8A04-4D9C-9DA1-30B320C30C4B.jpeg

DCFC3762-D231-4267-B534-36E2D3CEAE41.jpeg

Edited by comicfanboy007

1,045 posts
24 minutes ago, comicfanboy007 said:

From SDCC. 

Nite Owl. Golden Age cover commission. By Dave Gibbons. To describe this piece as infinitely special doesn’t even begin to cover it. With Watchmen Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore created a story that redefined the medium. My favorite sections were about Hollis Mason the Golden Age Nite-Owl. I poured over them constantly. My comic Mysteryman exists because I wanted more adventures with the character. So to have a new piece of Watchmen artwork by the original artist is just amazing. I love that Dave made it a cover to a comic book. This feels like this should be in Hollis’ apartment, hanging on the wall. It’s a little meta and it makes me love it all the more. I am so grateful that I got to thank Dave for this piece in person over the weekend.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1487366

F5ADE3E9-8A04-4D9C-9DA1-30B320C30C4B.jpeg

DCFC3762-D231-4267-B534-36E2D3CEAE41.jpeg

Very cool piece. great photo too!

1,045 posts
32 minutes ago, awayne83 said:

Nice piece. Always been a fan of Booth's and think he's a little underappreciated. Hope he he gets a full time gig soon 

Wasnt/isn't he doing titans or some such title at DC?

1,510 posts
On 8/6/2018 at 7:24 PM, Panelfan1 said:

Now a days - political correctness - is at an all time high - so not sure how this piece would play if it were produced today, rather than in 1987.  Personally, I have been after comic art featuring characters from old time cartoons (like Space Ghost, Spiderman and his amazing friends, super friends, etc..) for a while now.  Long before I ever held a comic in my hands, I fell in love with cartoons.  So comics based on cartoons were a natural attraction for me.  Here is a racy yet simultaneously innocent pin up of Jezebel Jade and the Jonny Quest gang from back in the day.

see it HERE.

johnny.jpg

Seems like an homage to the old Coppertone commercial advertisement (but yes, it's cute).

101 posts
22 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Wasnt/isn't he doing titans or some such title at DC?

He was. On Twitter he mentions how it's been frustrating to be under contract w/DC but not being given any regular work lately. 

Edited by awayne83