• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

I can't remember when I last posted an Art Day.  I just don't buy much anymore.  Then this Rube Goldberg happened:

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=194128

This might seem fusty to a lot of you, but Goldberg was at times the most popular cartoonist in America.  He's in the dictionary!  And he helped develop the vocabulary of cartooning, too.  This is a very rare and very silly one of his machines. 

G

41 minutes ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

I'm really happy to show these two pieces off. I was lucky enough to be able to work out a deal for two very nice pages from ROM #1, consecutive pages at that! I had to sell a large amount of my collection and the deal took months to complete but I was able to finally get the pages in my hands a few days ago. Page 6 and page 7. These pages feature not only the first appearance of the Dire Wraiths in their human disguises but also ROM using his neutralizer for the first time to vanish them.

Hide contents

1972898226_RomSpaceKnight1pg.6.thumb.png.188c42e734dfcf4f3436a5028c61bc63.png

Hide contents

1342523093_RomSpaceKnight1pg.7.thumb.jpg.1e473846dd72f725c0ac88249c03e944.jpg

Freakin sweet pages. :golfclap:

I can’t believe you sold off a majority of your pages though. Don’t you have a really great collection???

22 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Freakin sweet pages. :golfclap:

I can’t believe you sold off a majority of your pages though. Don’t you have a really great collection???

Thanks, yeah I like to think I do (or did, lol) but needed to raise the funds. It was hard for sure, selling some pieces I never thought I would but was able to keep some of my favorites at least. I think it was worth it though since I felt I could replace those other items eventually while on the other hand, there's only so many #1 pages from ROM. I mean I actually dreamed about owning these pages from when I read the comic so actually being able to get them was basically a dream come true. I was also able to get a grail piece which called for special actions to be taken.

55 minutes ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Thanks, yeah I like to think I do (or did, lol) but needed to raise the funds. It was hard for sure, selling some pieces I never thought I would but was able to keep some of my favorites at least. I think it was worth it though since I felt I could replace those other items eventually while on the other hand, there's only so many #1 pages from ROM. I mean I actually dreamed about owning these pages from when I read the comic so actually being able to get them was basically a dream come true. I was also able to get a grail piece which called for special actions to be taken.

That's my goal as well. Would love to trade up for some Alpha Flight #1 pages. 

4 hours ago, deadleg said:

Happy to finally own a page from Strangers in Paradise! This is also the first piece of original art in my collection. 

2409E309-C6CC-49C7-8156-970408B21306.jpeg

Welcome to this addicting hobby. 

I too started with 1 page.. and now I am closer to 1,000 pages...

Malvin

On 11/6/2018 at 9:51 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

I'm really happy to show these two pieces off. I was lucky enough to be able to work out a deal for two very nice pages from ROM #1, consecutive pages at that! I had to sell a large amount of my collection and the deal took months to complete but I was able to finally get the pages in my hands a few days ago. Page 6 and page 7. These pages feature not only the first appearance of the Dire Wraiths in their human disguises but also ROM using his neutralizer for the first time to vanish them.

Reveal hidden contents

1972898226_RomSpaceKnight1pg.6.thumb.png.188c42e734dfcf4f3436a5028c61bc63.png

Reveal hidden contents

1342523093_RomSpaceKnight1pg.7.thumb.jpg.1e473846dd72f725c0ac88249c03e944.jpg

Just WOW

I would sell almost anything for those as well !

ROM was so huge to me when I was like 11-13...I read every issue from #1 onwards and couldn’t wait for next one to arrive at my local comic store. Congrats to you, so jealous. Some early cover art coming up, gonna bid hard and see what happens ....