The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
54 54

10,372 posts in this topic

7,237 posts
57 minutes ago, Dayzen said:

Newest additions. Byrne JLA and Doran Wonder Woman. 

E620D556-5675-4566-85CB-F85B5C73DD11.thumb.jpeg.76e69fae8179afc5444078448c680a7e.jpeg

Does this count as "New to your original art collection" if you are selling/taking offers on it?  I lean towards "NO!"

Perhaps it belong in the FOR SALE forum, but YMMV (shrug)

5,796 posts

Hello guys, I add to my collection
the cover for Street Fighter X GI Joe # 4 by Phil Jimenez.

You can see the OA here:

Link...

359639326_PhilJimenez4Covercover.thumb.jpg.09c3202ebcc1987bc026d306d8409013.jpg

673 posts
On 10/27/2018 at 10:25 AM, Blastaar said:

I have a soft spot for 90's cheese. Here is a cool splash of XO and Ninjak by Neil Vokes.

ouyguguigui.thumb.jpg.7de22da250e00a2154a731be4954ffa1.jpg

Received it today and the darn page is bent from the mail delivery. Not a complete fold over but a good 45 degree bend. Tips on flatning.. if at all possible?

4,314 posts
2 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Received it today and the darn page is bent from the mail delivery. Not a complete fold over but a good 45 degree bend. Tips on flatning.. if at all possible?

you can get it pressed for $100-$200 from a restorer (plus shipping both ways)

Malvin

3,632 posts
22 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Send it to Robert Dennis, Gordon Christman, or Tracy Heft.

In the many threads on paper conservation, the names that recur the most were:

I would add that most major museums know of paper conservators. You might want to contact someone at a local museum and see if there is a conservator close to you.

12,516 posts
10 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

Send it to Robert Dennis, Gordon Christman, or Tracy Heft.

In the many threads on paper conservation, the names that recur the most were:

I would add that most major museums know of paper conservators. You might want to contact someone at a local museum and see if there is a conservator close to you.

I had Robert Dennis work on a piece for me and I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. When I talked to him about it, it freaked me out a bit when he said he was going to submerge it in water but he knew what he was doing and I’m glad I went with him 

4,314 posts

Most have figured out that I am a big fan of Alan Moore's short run on Supreme.  I managed to get a bunch of pages (like 9) form an issue that I happen to have no pages from (49) and uploaded it to CAF:

Link to CAF recent uploads

Thanks for looking.

99 posts

A couple of new (to me) Frank Brunner pencil drawings:

Doctor Strange 4 p. 3 prelim

615LG1YE_0111181312481gpadd.jpg

Sketch of Nightmare by Frank Brunner (1975)

This is from set #2 of the "Brunner Packages."

Back in 1975 Frank Brunner was selling off some of his original art as 10 packages called “Frank Brunner’s Authentic Doctor Strange Nostalgia Kit.” The sets contained: a piece of original art, signed copies of Dr. Strange 1-5, 5 Xeroxes of Brunner pencils, A hand-colored copy of a cover, and a numbered sketch. I also have in my gallery a sketch of Clea from set #10. 

O1x8xExF_0111181326061gpadd.jpg

1,047 posts
On 10/30/2018 at 1:06 AM, malvin said:

you can get it pressed for $100-$200 from a restorer (plus shipping both ways)

Malvin

pile a huge stack of books on it. should do a lot of the trick if you can leave it for a bit.

784 posts
On 10/29/2018 at 9:50 PM, Blastaar said:

It depends on how bad the bend is. Did it crease the paper? Because that’s something else. 

Otherwise, putting a lot of weight as Panelfan suggests should do the trick. Just make sure you sandwich the art between two pieces of cardboard or similar that’s larger than the art. If you lay books directly on the art then you risk leaving the book spine’s impression on your art, which is harder problem to solve on your own. 

Also, after doing the whole putting weight on the thing, if you are left with a slight curl, you can stick it in the back of your portfolio and the weight from the other pages will eventually flatten it out.

943 posts

I can't remember when I last posted an Art Day.  I just don't buy much anymore.  Then this Rube Goldberg happened:

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=194128

This might seem fusty to a lot of you, but Goldberg was at times the most popular cartoonist in America.  He's in the dictionary!  And he helped develop the vocabulary of cartooning, too.  This is a very rare and very silly one of his machines. 

G