The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
56 56

11,066 posts in this topic

5,394 posts
15 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Hey Jim,

Love this painting. Can you talk about where/when you picked this up? Would love the chance to find such a beauty one day.

11 hours ago, drfate said:

Picked the Jusko up this past month from a long time collector friend of mine.

This caught my eye way back 2005 or 06 when Jusko was first hauling it around to conventions. At the time I was quite impressed by it, more how he handled the tree than Vampi (hot girls in comic art...a dime a dozen, I prefer real women), but an artist friend rightly set me straight. This painting, like most of Jusko's work, is rather stiff and very staged-looking even in final form. Have to say, that comment rung true and it ruined Jusko for me for life. Now the stuff that Joe was collecting, that's a different story, beautiful classic living and lively illustration art...and it later made sense to me that he wanted to go there himself but couldn't overcome his own stiffness. At least that's my take. Joe's ask at the time was $5k.

3,973 posts
On 1/23/2019 at 1:00 PM, awayne83 said:

It really impressed me in person (the copics look fantastic)

Regarding copic colors, they do look great when applied. However, they are not archival and will fade. The best you can do is keep them out of the light.

From their website:

▼ Will Copic ink on artwork fade over time?
Dyes are artificial material made through chemical processes and are not usually as archival as pigment products.
In general, dyes are susceptible to ultraviolet rays. Copic inks are a dye and Copic-colored images will fade under direct sunlight or fluorescent light. If your artwork with Copic will be put up in well-lighted area, it is better to seal it with a UV blocking seal.

So be careful.

1,181 posts
3 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

Dyes are artificial material made through chemical processes and are not usually as archival as pigment products.
In general, dyes are susceptible to ultraviolet rays. Copic inks are a dye and Copic-colored images will fade under direct sunlight or fluorescent light. If your artwork with Copic will be put up in well-lighted area, it is better to seal it with a UV blocking seal.

So be careful.

Good tip!

My office in the basement with o windows looks better and better everyday!

131 posts
4 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

Regarding copic colors, they do look great when applied. However, they are not archival and will fade. The best you can do is keep them out of the light.

From their website:

So be careful.

Thanks for the info. Will keep that in mind. Still debating on whether to have the piece touched up, so for now its stowed away safely 

Edited by awayne83

2,074 posts

Trying to post more art to CAF in 2019 by staying current with new purchases and catching up on older artwork never posted - at least a piece a week or more. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1527449

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1526061

4,541 posts

Along with mainstream superhero stuff, I also like some indy titles of one of them was Gnatrat! So I jumped at this piece when I saw that its as available

Gnatrat vs. Wolverine by Mark Martin

Thanks for looking

Malvin