• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

How about a page from the Classic Warren book- Blazing Combat #1?

Blazing Combat #1 pg 21. Flying Tigers!

as a kid I was always into WW2 history and military aircraft, and read all about the exploits of General Chennault and The First American Volunteer Group (AVG) of the Chinese Air Force in 1941–1942, nicknamed the Flying Tigers, not to mention the classic John Wayne film from 1942.

thanks,

S.

18 minutes ago, Varanis said:

I got my first Ribic piece! One of my absolute favorite pages from the God Butcher arc. 

FB1039D1-31C1-4F19-837E-389FAD631A10.jpeg

I’m almost complete with that God of Thunder run CGC graded. That Gorr storyline was on point. Great piece you picked up brother.

Art Day -- Bruce Timm, Gill Fox, Alan Davis, Ryan Sook, Mike Sekowsky

Added some new pieces to my CAF. Take a look if so inclined. A very nice Timm pin-up, a WW2-era Gill Fox strip, a early post-code Sekowsky splash with a non code-approved panel pasted over, yada, yada.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=3878

Home from work and a package arrived with 3 illustrations I commissioned Jason Johnson to finish. He also threw in a few surprises. A signed Impulse Saves the Universe, Wetworks Print, Nightcrawler bust sketch.

Anqm80ZI_310719230300lola.jpg

G3yIV5lQ_3107192303551gpadd.jpg

hQlD9xHC_3107192305001gpadd.jpg

Check out the whole Ken and Elyse series at

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=151586

My rare dabble in modern art... but only because I always loved this series, and loved the great SA feel of the book and the art!  Plus, I'd been away from comics for much of the 90's (for same reason many of us silver/bronze age fans did) and this was one of the first things that actually drew me back in... so a page from this series has always been on my list as something that I wanted in my art collection to represent those things that had meaning to me and my love of comics.

Oh yeah, and it's a kick-butt splash page.  LOL!

UntoldSpidey17p3.jpg.a869a1cb3164e763aab9c457ac0cb032.jpg

Edited by fmaz

This is one of the highlights of my collection.... The original cover of Mr. and Mrs. X  #1  (KRS Comics) by Mike Mayhew plus the painted preliminary cover and the only 9.8 Blue on the CGC Registry. Apparently, most of the books were damaged on delivery.....which is a shame since this is such a great cover.

Mr and Mrs X #1 Cover Mike Mayhew.jpg

Mayhew sketch.jpg

Mr and Mrs X #1 Mayhew 98.jpg

Edited by Ron C.