• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ron C. said:

One of my highlights from this year's Fan Expo Canada. This Original Art is from the last issue of the Excalibur run (issue #125)..... the Wedding scene by the wonderful Dale Eaglesham. After all of these years, Dale finally agreed to sell this from his private collection.

Excalibur 125 last pages OA.jpg

it's nice to see excalibur get some love. i always see it in the dollar bin, but i remember reading more than a few issue's as a tyke :) 

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

it's nice to see excalibur get some love. i always see it in the dollar bin, but i remember reading more than a few issue's as a tyke :) 

If you see some really nice copies of this one, please steer them to me.  :)

I first saw this piece at Wondercon earlier this year. I was hanging out with Drew Johnson and he pulled it out of his portfolio to show some of his work on the Godzilla Aftershock GN. I loved the way Drew was able to produced the primitive art for the splssh page where they found an ancient drawing of Godzilla. At the time he wasn't going to sell it as there were very few traditional art pages from the GN as he switched to totally digital after about 8 pages. Last week Drew posted those pages on his webstore. I immediately bought this splash. Drew lives about 5 minutes away and we agreed to meet for lunch so I could pick up the art. Our schedules didn't work out, but I was able to drop by for a short bit and pick up the piece from him at his house. He also included the Limited Edition poster only available at last years L.A. Comic Con.

Godzilla Aftershock page 02 by Drew Johnson

dGTTCh08_0209191838371gpadd.jpg

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1574124

16 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Don't see these very often. DC's Anthro #5 Howie Post

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.aa98eb9d44a31e36a3ae3215585246bc.jpg

They were invisible for years, but of late, I think I've seen pages from most of the issues including Showcase. Loved that book. One of my regrets is that when I started collecting, I didn't reach out to Howie Post for an Anthro commission. Very sad when it was canceled.

I have one page. Click to see a bigger image.

image.thumb.png.d6657663ac610c92c599d99eb30eea78.png

3 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

They were invisible for years, but of late, I think I've seen pages from most of the issues including Showcase. Loved that book. One of my regrets is that when I started collecting, I didn't reach out to Howie Post for an Anthro commission. Very sad when it was canceled.

I have one page. Click to see a bigger image.

image.thumb.png.d6657663ac610c92c599d99eb30eea78.png

Post went on to have a solid career with cartoon strips and then some "kid" licenses later in life but I sure wish this had a longer run. Great fun and adventure, no clue why it didn't catch fire? Wish he would have stayed with DC a while longer. 

5 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Post went on to have a solid career with cartoon strips and then some "kid" licenses later in life but I sure wish this had a longer run. Great fun and adventure, no clue why it didn't catch fire? Wish he would have stayed with DC a while longer. 

Far to short a run indeed. It was a terrific story and I loved the art. 

Here are two consecutive pages from Avengers #370 featuring Eternals, illustrated by Geoff Isherwood, inked by Kevin Yates. It's a great scene featuring Kingo on a movie set and a nice Sersi pose. Picked them up from Anthony's Comic Book Art a year or two ago.

Print_11x17_Illos1.thumb.jpg.cdb65a0029b7d43467d7cee2140ba8ff.jpgPrint_11x17_Illos.thumb.jpg.2f9775120aaf3cea193a3a5ec6799308.jpg

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, GreatEscape said:

Lots of great discussion lately on the boards about the game-changing Swamp Thing run by Moore/Bissette/Totleben.  Inspired me to post my Swamp Thing #34 "Rite of Spring" DPS where Abby eats a piece of Swamp Thing's tuber that sends her on a hallucinogenic sexually-charged experience...to feel the collective consciousness of all plant life on earth, as Swampy does.  A head-turning (literally) piece with incredible details and mind-blowing content from Vertigo's historic artistic collaboration.

Link

PXLjqH9o_1903190930521sbpi.jpg

Magnificent page! Thanks for sharing this.