• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, cbaileypacker said:

Some new modern interior page pick ups for the collection.  Stay well and safe everyone. Cheers! 🍻

Thor #4 - Sneaky Sif sends Mjolnir  away by Nic Klein 

Ant-man #2 - 1st Macrothrax appearance by Dylan Burnett 

Hell Arisen # 3 - 1st full appearance of Punchline by Javier Fernandez. bottom left panel is an instant classic.

Thanks for looking, Cheers! 🍻

Congrats on getting the real first appearance of a character that DC plans to make famous.

I really enjoyed that sequence in Thor #4 as well. Sif's expression is priceless and it was a very clever use of her tools.

1047193267_AtoZartlogo.jpg.da9b85083a4f0e1d9fba47c85c3a3d78.jpg

My goal is to post meaningful art pieces in alphabetical order from A to Z across a variety of titles and artists with no duplication, that I currently own or will acquire throughout the year. 

• A for Amazing Spider-man (Larsen)
  • B for Batman (Capullo)
  • C for Cloak & Dagger (Bagley)
  • D for Doomsday (Jurgens)
  • E for Elektra Assassin (Sienkiewicz)
  • F for Famous First Edition Superman #1 (Garcia-Lopez)
  • G for Ghost Rider (Ernie Chan).

For H, I’d like to share a key page from Howard the Duck’s 1st solo story from Giant-Size Man-Thing #4 p6 (1975) by Frank Brunner.  Arriving on Earth from space, Howard introduces himself ("Call me Howard"), gets his trademark cigar, and confronts his first villain, Garko the Man-Frog all on this page. 

Link

OK - I'm new to the Original Art lifestyle - Bought this last night on Comiclink!  Love everything about it - The Blood and the Bat the Twisted Skulls, the flames and something about this depiction of Vampi really pulled me in!  Cant wait to frame this up! 

RAD4C02E2020210_14466.jpg

Edited by Axmen

New Art Day
Faux Sugar and Spike 100 Cover featuring
Farlaine the Goblin by Pug Grumble https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1621692
Years ago, I decided to back a Kickstarter for a series of all-ages comics by an anonymous author. Can't tell you why. I'd never read the story, but I liked the way that the creator described it and I liked the artwork. So, I backed it. My perk was a page of art from the fourth book out of seven; the last three were to be supported by the Kickstarter.
Turned out that creator lived near where I frequently work so we decided to meet for dinner so he could deliver my pert - I figure saving postage is good. :)
We talked a bit about the story. It features Farlaine, a young tree goblin shaman, who set out to find a place to start his forest. The world of Wug has many peculiar lands and we got to see only a handful over the course of his adventure. When the story picks up, Farlaine is very discouraged. He's down to the last 10 lands and Ehrenwort, the tree intended to start his forest, is withering. The seven volumes of the series tell that the ending of his search.
As long as the series is, we never got to see any of the hundreds (!) of places, he had visited before it started until now.
Since that first meeting, I've tried to commission Pug, but he's been too busy and so it stood until today when I received this gift from my friend Pug.
He decided to show me the time that Farlaine visited The Toddlerlands where he encountered Sugar and Spike! Who knew! I guess as they did with their visit with the Muppet Babies that they used Bernie the Brain's version of the Ultimate Nullifier to find their way there. :)
Thanks for the great gift, Pug. 

Click to embiggen.

image.thumb.png.07799016c45ec09758128bbad20f7ae2.png

who is the artist on the Slash? It is pretty cool.

I am hoping that the 2 commission lists that I have been on for a few years consider taking this time to get'er done but no luck so far!

45 minutes ago, Mami111 said:

how much do you bought this? i also bought this artwork 3 days ago for only $100. Very cheap right for this masterpiece artwork hehehe

4.PNG.ef823a367cb3a44b587ca502d2274653.PNG

i paid more than $100 but as much as I love Slash - there are no skulls or blood in his drawing!