The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
56 56

11,195 posts in this topic

4,006 posts
The squandering of the daughters' inheritancecontinues.

At the age of 10, I bought the first appearance of The Inferior Five in Showcase. I was really puzzled. I didn't know the word inferior, I didn't know about parody and satire. Who were these people and why weren't they as capable of as the Justice League!?!?
Eventually, I figured it out and really grew to enjoy the book.

A friend (thank, Miki!) alerted me that several pages were for sale at Anthony's Comic Book Art.

As it happened, they were priced in my impulse zone and, ironically, were from the same issue as the page I left at Logan Airport a few years ago. 🙁

Anyway, welcome to the Inferior Five, the home of Merryman, Awkwardman, The Blimp, White Arrow, and Dumb Bunny.

Click to embiggen
image.thumb.png.d47d93b2d0007722e42d26cd93dc65db.png

133 posts
3 hours ago, dichotomy said:

Yep, it’s Silver Surfer 15 from Allred/Slott’s first run. The rest are commissions. 

Very nice. It looked like allred but came in that inkyknuckles box. How did that come about? (He's not repped by them, right?)

364 posts
39 minutes ago, awayne83 said:

Very nice. It looked like allred but came in that inkyknuckles box. How did that come about? (He's not repped by them, right?)

Haha good deducing! No he is not, but it’s the wild wild Calgary comic scene. Anything can happen!

14,061 posts
On 5/24/2020 at 9:27 AM, GreatEscape said:

Happy Memorial Day weekend folks!  

Something truly special to post... a magnificent splash from legendary French artist, Philippe Druillet!  Druillet revolutionized the comics narrative with "The Six Voyages of Lone Sloane" in 1972 and this is the opening splash from the first voyage "The Throne of the Black God" introducing the space-traveling Lone Sloane and-- you guessed it-- the mysterious Throne of the Black God!  A true pioneer of graphic storytelling, Druillet was one of the founders of Heavy Metal (“Métal Hurlant”) and revered as one of Europe's "Big 3" along with Moebius and Hergé.   Drawn with colossal scale (28" x 36" inches!), among the largest pen-and-ink OA ever created.  

Just a tad bigger than my scanner, so my daughter was happy to pose with it:  

Link

tRuHsYmR_2405200052551sbpi.jpg

Be safe, stay healthy and enjoy your long weekend!

You have a whole house vacuum.  (worship)

2,609 posts
5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

/You have a whole house vacuum.  (worship)

590834FF-2417-4B8C-BD43-0CB6E2D4EAEC.thumb.jpeg.45de61dc12b5906b1b558f905aab014d.jpeg

Central vacs were still popular in the 90s before wall-to-wall carpets gave way to hardwood floors.  

4,597 posts

Hi Folks,

I uploaded a few Garth Ennis Punisher pages in my gallery, from his earlier Punisher Max run and a couple of the more recent Punisher Soviet pages

Link to CAF recent uploads

Thanks for looking

Malvin

48 posts
On 10/19/2020 at 4:22 PM, dichotomy said:

Quite a large mail call today 

https://youtu.be/NVfoDg11u7k

That's awesome - nice touch with the Itoya portfolio for the complete SS story. Cam's the man.

Edited by T Shen

14,061 posts
6 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

It’s Halloween week Boys and Ghouls!  Great time to post my Tomb of Dracula #42 cover (1976) by Colan and Palmer.   Only a handful of TOD covers with Blade— and none more dramatic— so this definitely ‘spiked’ my excitement!  

TOD 42

6hpjrub4_0305200939201sbpi.jpg

That's an awesome cover!