• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA Question

7 posts in this topic

I have exactly ZERO(0) pieces of cimic book OA and only a few art type piecesa done by comic book artist..mainly ron lim silver sufer stuff I bought when he was doing Sufer

back to the question....of a typical comic book page (lets say sharbooy #24 page 6) how many piecs of OA for this page are there.

and how many Cover OA is there for each issue

Ok I assumed that there would be at least 2 for some reason. 1 for the Company file and 1 for something else. 1 makes much more sense though

your post though brings about another question

whats the difference between OA and a color guide for a page

** anyone have a good site to learn more about OA, Color guide etc tec etc

Except paintings, original art should be 100% black and white. Sometimes (70s, early 80s) artsts used markers, and these have faded over time to a purplish color. Other than that, sometimes the art yellows with age and exposure to light. But, real color on these items means someone colored the image secondarily. In the 80s, there was a colorist who was paid to color many of these by individual fans. Some look great. However, in general, most collectors prefer the art to remain black and white, so these colored pieces tend to be devalued relative to what they would have valued at if they were never colored.

Pretty much no one has these original art pieces colored anymore, as it is a "kiss of death" on the seconday market.

Hope that helps,

I was under the impression that under rare circumstances the occasional old piece or some of the more obscure stuff could be hand colored at some point during production, please correct me if I am wrong. There are also painted covers but they reside in a category of there own in the world of OA. Painted OA that comes to mind: Some of the Alex Ross stuff?