• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's Looking At You, Kid

16 posts in this topic

Well, one of my Christmas presents for myself arrived today. This one's the original painted artwork for the 50th Anniversary Edition (1992) of Casablanca, which was used for the VHS and DVD releases of the film and for assorted promotional material. It's a whopping 43"x48", oil on linen, by noted illustrator C. Michael Dudash - check out this and his other movie poster artwork at: http://www.cmdudash.com/illustration/movies.htm

I'm thrilled to finally fill the blank space on my living room wall with this perfect piece from my favorite film of all-time (and, IMO, the greatest Hollywood film ever created by light-years). Special thanks to Lambert "Lambo" Sheng, who, in between rounds of busting on me on this Forum tongue.gif, helped me facilitate the acquisition. By the way, Lambo, see, I do collect things other than "gaudy Vampirella paintings"!! grin.gif

1041775-CMichaelDudashCasablancaartwork.jpg

1041775-CMichaelDudashCasablancaartwork.jpg.b453f7e07bce26b7a2f34eb74bcc18ef.jpg

Thanks for posting it! I was trying to visualize it when you mentioned this to me last weekend...

Seriously, it looks great!

Thanks, Hari! (and everyone else, with the exception of the obvious KK shill)

May you continue to spend money on items I don't collect! wink.gif

Likewise, buddy, likewise!

Well, one of my Christmas presents for myself arrived today. This one's the original painted artwork for the 50th Anniversary Edition (1992) of Casablanca, which was used for the VHS and DVD releases of the film and for assorted promotional material. It's a whopping 43"x48", oil on linen, by noted illustrator C. Michael Dudash - check out this and his other movie poster artwork at: http://www.cmdudash.com/illustration/movies.htm

I'm thrilled to finally fill the blank space on my living room wall with this perfect piece from my favorite film of all-time (and, IMO, the greatest Hollywood film ever created by light-years). Special thanks to Lambert "Lambo" Sheng, who, in between rounds of busting on me on this Forum tongue.gif, helped me facilitate the acquisition. By the way, Lambo, see, I do collect things other than "gaudy Vampirella paintings"!! grin.gif

1041775-CMichaelDudashCasablancaartwork.jpg

Very nice, congrads 893applaud-thumb.gif

my favorite film of all-time (and, IMO, the greatest Hollywood film ever created by light-years)

I don't know what bothers me more, the fact that we actually agree on something poke2.gif

or that you own this piece !! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Congrads Gene....truly worth MANY hail.gif

Ok, ok, so I'll just change that to "gaudy Vampi AND Bogey paintings!" devil.gif

BTW, the real thanks should go to Mitch Itkowitz at www.graphiccollectibles.com who is Michael Dudash's agent and has a real nice inventory of Dudash paintings on his site! All I did was pick up the phone. blush.gif

So Deliquorstore, does this count as "fine" art? poke2.gif

stooges.gif

Merry Christmas Gene, and congrats on an incredible piece of art! It's HUMONGOUS!!!

Lamb