• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much did you pay for your Origin 9.8´s?

28 posts in this topic

Also, you say that it's becoming an industry standard...what is? We have no idea what they're actually grading standards are..we can guess what's allowed and what's not but without them saying anything we never KNOW..we only GUESS.

Brian

because independent dealers can range from one calling it Fair to another calling it NM depending on how reputable they are. I'm not saying that all dealers can't grade, but God knows, all dealers can't grade correctly. shocked.gif

CGC graders differ at most at a 0.5 grade differential. So I'd rather be giving my money to them.... smile.gif

The CGC brand name is slowly becoming the a recognizable name in the grading industry for a reliable grade of a comic's condition. That is the only point I'm try ing to make. Maybe industry standard is a bit presumptuous at this point, but maybe soon, Overstreet and Wizard will end up fine tuning their grading criteria to match CGC's. Just because it is not made public doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Tune their grading up to CGC's? You do realize you can't do this without some sort of word from them saying what is or what isn't acceptable..you can guess..but you can't know. Which makes it a shot in the dark at least half of the time.

As for CGC only varying slightly, I've seen many books that I don't agree within a .5 of as well as many many posted on here that I don't agree within a .5 as have many others..their guess is just as good as any other experienced collector with the exception that they have a 3-person average to deal with..if you could take a book to 3 dealers and have them all graded..I'd say you have about as "legit" a grade as you would if you had taken it to CGC.

Brian

Funny analogy...makes me think of that phenomena back in school when 3 female college roomates menstruate at the same time or pretty damn near close...

3 dealers that are decent graders...yes, I agree there. Pick 3 random ebay comic dealers...I'd have to give you a Hell No! and the finger Steve Austin style! wink.gif