• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DCBS is now 40% off most books!!

14 posts in this topic

They should be down to 50% at least...my last few shipments have been looking more and more like they came from my LCS...straight 9.4s and worse; I'm cool with it since I read them anyway, but it'd be nice to get higher caliber books than my LCS since the online books should have been handled less before getting to me. DCBS packing and shipping is not the problem, that part is perfect and sufficient...it's the dinged up and creased books they are putting in frustrated.gif

They should be down to 50% at least...my last few shipments have been looking more and more like they came from my LCS...straight 9.4s and worse; I'm cool with it since I read them anyway, but it'd be nice to get higher caliber books than my LCS since the online books should have been handled less before getting to me. DCBS packing and shipping is not the problem, that part is perfect and sufficient...it's the dinged up and creased books they are putting in frustrated.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

I'm a creature of habit to a fault and have stuck to it mainly out of laziness... I've often thought of hitting you up for replacement books that were less than satisfactory from dcbs... and the variants that they don't sell frustrated.gif ... maybe this should be a new year's resolution 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I had the same problem when I danced with the devil in the pale moonlight (mailordercomics.com). Discount was great but the books were not in the best of shape. I hear they've improved, but I woke up and smelled the comics so I now stay out of new comics entirely.

BTW, I've got ton of USM if anyone's interested crazy.gif

I have not noticed any problem with my books - in fact most are far superior to what I was getting at the LCS. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are your books bag/boarded by DCBS?

Yes I do but unlike you guys I'm sticking with the poly bags vs the mylite option for bagging. But the problem is not caused by shipping or bagging/lack of bagging - I'm not getting impact dings on the corners or edges that would be cuased by shifts of the goods in transit. I'm getting production type defects or prepacking handling defects that affect major portions of the book:

ie. from last shipment I received = first half of December books:

Ultimate Iron Man 5 - glossy cardstock cover - frayed and cracked spine showing white under gloss; chipped upper spinal corner with flake hanging off; a vertical scratch line about 1/4" in from the spine, running from the top edge to bottom edge showing white where glossy color should be, fingerprints and a couple of spinal dings and this is before I'm about to read it

Son of M 1 - soft regular issue cover - same problem as other soft covers Uncanny 467, Xmen 179 - a huge impact/crimp line that runs the length of the book back and front - only way to describe it is if you took the comic, lined it up and squeezed it between two heavy books, pulled out the left edge about half an inch, and proceeded to bend it up and down while the rest of the book stayed clamped between the two heavy books confused-smiley-013.gif like my copies are the ones coming from the bottom of a shifted pile, also some nutscack crase lines running lengthwise along the front covers

Secret War 5 - black cover - fingerprints before I touched them - shouldn't matter on this book but it's bad enough I try to keep my gruppy prints of these things, now I gotta worry about someone else's?