• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you first learn of the CGC forum?

328 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Silvers24 said:

You can't bump a ten year old thread, then bump and quote of yours just made two hours ago.

Bump Lad of the Legion tho

1 hour ago, Silvers24 said:

You can't bump a ten year old thread, then bump and quote of yours just made two hours ago.

:bump:

I remember lurking for a long time before joining. I had a friend tell me about comic grading back in 2004, when I was pulling books from his warehouse inventory. First posted in January of 2006. Got reamed by oldguy on my first post (case of mistaken identity) and the rest is history. 

Edited by joeypost

I joined the Boards in 2063 where the membership has risen to one billion. One day I was walking thru' the CGC Hall of Fame where the most notable Boardies from the past are all preserved and encased in plastic. I thought I'd use my time machine to travel back in time 50 years to see what it was like on the Boards in the old days.

Unfortunately my TM was made by the Dupcak Corporation of America and I found my flux capacitor had been restored from obsolete parts and would no longer work.

I have been stuck here ever since. :(

4 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I joined the Boards in 2063 where the membership has risen to one billion. One day I was walking thru' the CGC Hall of Fame where the most notable Boardies from the past are all preserved and encased in plastic. I thought I'd use my time machine to travel back in time 50 years to see what it was like on the Boards in the old days.

Unfortunately my TM was made by the Dupcak Corporation of America and I found my flux capacitor had been restored from obsolete parts and would no longer work.

I have been stuck here ever since. :(

You could be in a closed causal time loop.  It happens.

Just now, kav said:

You could be in a closed causal time loop.  It happens.

Nah, it's more like your pesky break in the space time continuum. Or some kind of weird time paradox.

Or I could be a hippy....on crack.

Just now, G G ® said:

Nah, it's more like your pesky break in the space time continuum. Or some kind of weird time paradox.

Or I could be a hippy....on crack.

There are various cracks and rifts in the ST continuum-mostly due to poorly planned experiments with inverse matter and whatnot.

Just now, kav said:

There are various cracks and rifts in the ST continuum-mostly due to poorly planned experiments with inverse matter and whatnot.

I have read stuff about people going thru' time bubbles in daily life. I'm not talking about sci-fi stuff, but people who swear it happened to them. All of the articles have occurred in my home city. Either everyone is nuts or there is something to it. I believe that there is.

It's a fascinating subject. If it could happen and it happened to me, I would love to go back to when my Dad was here and see him again, then buy a shed load of mint condition keys and bring them back.

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I have read stuff about people going thru' time bubbles in daily life. I'm not talking about sci-fi stuff, but people who swear it happened to them. All of the articles have occurred in my home city. Either everyone is nuts or there is something to it. I believe that there is.

It's a fascinating subject. If it could happen and it happened to me, I would love to go back to when my Dad was here and see him again, then buy a shed load of mint condition keys and bring them back.

I would be content if I could just mentally travel back in time and directly live various events.
Mental travel to future would of course result in becoming a billionaire and stuff.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I would be content if I could just mentally travel back in time and directly live various events.
Mental travel to future would of course result in becoming a billionaire and stuff.

Yep, time travel would be a great gift. I wouldn't be interested in the future, but you could have endless fun visiting the past. Not too far back, I would be content with 50s-70s myself.

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Yep, time travel would be a great gift. I wouldn't be interested in the future, but you could have endless fun visiting the past. Not too far back, I would be content with 50s-70s myself.

One time I travelled one second into the future.  This did not help me much tho.

1 minute ago, kav said:

One time I travelled one second into the future.  This did not help me much tho.

Every time I speak to my son he is always in the next day, but he does live in Sydney. :flamed:

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

Every time I speak to my son he is always in the next day, but he does live in Sydney. :flamed:

omg ask him the lotto #s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!