• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you first learn of the CGC forum?

328 posts in this topic

Just now, comicdonna said:

Get a room you two.  :signofftopic:

This is our room.  Comics General.

Just now, G G ® said:

Nicotine withdrawal getting you down Mike? 

Try New SPACETIME RIFT cigarettes.  The taste is out of this world.

19 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Nice bump! There's a rapist AND a child molester on page 2, and sadly they're two different boardies.

:sorry:

Was the rapist the cop from Queens, NY?

7 hours ago, G G ® said:

I joined the Boards in 2063 where the membership has risen to one billion. One day I was walking thru' the CGC Hall of Fame where the most notable Boardies from the past are all preserved and encased in plastic. I thought I'd use my time machine to travel back in time 50 years to see what it was like on the Boards in the old days.

Unfortunately my TM was made by the Dupcak Corporation of America and I found my flux capacitor had been restored from obsolete parts and would no longer work.

I have been stuck here ever since. :(

What's it like...you know,the future?

9 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yes.

Thanks for the link. He committed his crime in my old neighborhood. According to the article he could get out in 2022. 😲

On 1/2/2006 at 3:28 AM, FFB said:

How did the rest of you guys find this place? If you lurked for a while, what was the impetus that started you posting? I think it could be interesting to find out how everyone made it here, so post away with your stories!

Internet search for a Transformers retailer incentive.  Found a useful thread on it in the modern section.  Silver, Bronze, Copper, and Modern sections have been useful for my collecting purposes.  General section is ok if you get past the shenanigans and derailments.  

25 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Hey all!  Bumping this thread because I noticed that I joined these Boards 18 years ago today (June 29th, 2002), making me one of the geezers who doesn't post nearly enough (see my sad post count).  I think I learned about this place from a random 'internet' search I did looking for some context on comic book buying and selling.  I'm glad to be counted among the old fuddy-duddies, having been here for over a third of my life now. 

And it's always a joy to check out what's happening on the Boards, even when it's not... :x

Here's to 18 more -- thanks, CGC.

Dan

Jesus, these boards have been around for 18+ years?

I came across the boards when researching how to get Stan Lee's signature.  Since then, this has been a cesspool of bad decisions, wants over needs, and an absence of willpower on my part.  I went from having a few modern keys to now having random cover variants, signed books, major keys, and a room devoted to the hobby all at the expense of my bank account.  I can't in good conscience blame myself so I'll just blame you lot instead.  Thanks fam.  :ohnoez:

9 hours ago, Drummy said:

Hey all!  Bumping this thread because I noticed that I joined these Boards 18 years ago today (June 29th, 2002), making me one of the geezers who doesn't post nearly enough (see my sad post count).  I think I learned about this place from a random 'internet' search I did looking for some context on comic book buying and selling.  I'm glad to be counted among the old fuddy-duddies, having been here for over a third of my life now. 

And it's always a joy to check out what's happening on the Boards, even when it's not... :x

Here's to 18 more -- thanks, CGC.

Dan

I joined June 24th, 2002. The place was crazy then. I miss the old days.