• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If You Found a Case of 20 NM Action Comics #1's...............

110 posts in this topic

Slow play is the way to go. 20 copies is a lot of HG copies. almost better to have 20 low grade copies which wouldn't depress the market and still yield at least a million or three.

but if they are all HG, wow. Its tough to figure the way to get maximunm profit - - but, hey! you found them, so its all profit isnt it?

action1kid, i just saw your copy and started to hatch a master plan to steal this book from you only to go to your website and see you deal in security! doh!! screwy.gif

Seriously though, thedude is right - that book looks amazing from the small scan on the site (im not a member so haven't seen the big one yet). I would say resubmit it but then with books like that they will know and give it the same grade unless of course you tried PGX. It's a real shame because it deserves more than a 5.5.

Anyone here have a Detective 27?

Hmmm, well I'd go ahead and get them all graded, keep the best two for myself and sell one at auction every few months to a year. Take the money, invest it in some great stocks and funds and just live off the interest. When I had a kid I'd give one to him/her to pass down as a family heirloom. The other I'd keep for years and sell when I'm all old and stuff. Then blow the money on hot strippers and such before I kill over. 27_laughing.gif

You could de-face most of them so that they would be in grades varying from fair to very fine,keeping only a few in pristine condition.then you could let them go slowly in whatever order you chose.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Sell all of them except for two....

One would be the best one in the heap and I would get it slabbed just so I can brag about the copy...

The other I would put through a shredder, just so I can brag that I put an Action Comics #1 through the shredder (how many people can say they did that! acclaim.gif )

....wake up and wish I'd been dreaming of 20 nekkid women instead of comic books. Of course I'd still have woken up before the dream had reached it's "full potential" - that seems to always be the way.

Well, I wouldn't get them all slabbed - that would let the cat out of the bag. Slab one at a time over a long period of time and sell them & invest the proceeds in low risk securities. The price may eventually go down, but the first couple would bring serious coin - besides, this is such an iconic book that there would probably be takers in good six figure range for quite some time. Of course I would keep a couple and maybe donate one or two to institutions.

First of all, I wouldnt say a damn thing about the find. I would gradually create a rumor in the hobby about a single amazing copy (presumably 9.0) of Action 1 that turned up somewhere in the boondocks.

Once I felt there was adequate buzz, I would contact every single major dealer and/or collector and let them know that I am in possession of the best copy of Action 1 to hit the market in 20 years and I will be accepting the best offer for the book. This would of course be done across the board on a single weekend with help from friends/family.

Assuming most major players would not want to miss out on the book, I'd expect most offers to be at least somewhat reasonable. I would then accept every dealer's best offer and simultaniously sell the worst 18 copies. I'd have my friends fly the copies around the country if need be. If these copies are better than VF/NM, I would crease a corner to drop the grades to 9.0.

The top two copies (presumably 9.4-9.8) would be mylared and would remain in a safety deposit box, unknown to the world until 20 years later when the vf/nm copies have been absorbed into the hobby.

I would disappear from the face of the Earth (or at least internet message boards) to avoid the ensuing storm.

devil.gif

First of all, I wouldnt say a damn thing about the find. I would gradually create a rumor in the hobby about a single amazing copy (presumably 9.0) of Action 1 that turned up somewhere in the boondocks.

Once I felt there was adequate buzz, I would contact every single major dealer and/or collector and let them know that I am in possession of the best copy of Action 1 to hit the market in 20 years and I will be accepting the best offer for the book. This would of course be done across the board on a single weekend with help from friends/family.

Assuming most major players would not want to miss out on the book, I'd expect most offers to be at least somewhat reasonable. I would then accept every dealer's best offer and simultaniously sell the worst 18 copies. I'd have my friends fly the copies around the country if need be. If these copies are better than VF/NM, I would crease a corner to drop the grades to 9.0.

The top two copies (presumably 9.4-9.8) would be mylared and would remain in a safety deposit box, unknown to the world until 20 years later when the vf/nm copies have been absorbed into the hobby.

I would disappear from the face of the Earth (or at least internet message boards) to avoid the ensuing storm.

devil.gif

I think we have a winner. 893applaud-thumb.gif