• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain Marvel #1

22 posts in this topic

The Grading Bastiche says....Thou shalt worship no other Captain Marvels before the Original Captain Marvel.

hey wait a minute there big guy!!! You got yer hands full dealin' with Supes you don't even want to start messin' with me--I'm the most cosmic superhero of all!!! sumo.gif

The Grading Bastiche says....Thou shalt worship no other Captain Marvels before the Original Captain Marvel.

hey wait a minute there big guy!!! You got yer hands full dealin' with Supes you don't even want to start messin' with me--I'm the most cosmic superhero of all!!! sumo.gif

PRETENDER---Your power cosmic cannot stand against the might of the ROCK OF ETERNITY. Now, go spoon with Captain Universe and let's get back to the thread topic.

PRETENDER---Your power cosmic cannot stand against the might of the ROCK OF ETERNITY. Now, go spoon with Captain Universe and let's get back to the thread topic.

27_laughing.gif--my creation kept DC from making the final insult--be able to say they "own" captain marvel --the one who was once their greatest adversary---and this is the thanks i get!!! frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif--my creation kept DC from making the final insult--be able to say they "own" captain marvel --the one who was once their greatest adversary---and this is the thanks i get!!! frustrated.gif

No, your creation was an outright attempt to make the name "Marvel" sole property of Marvel Comics. They came up with the character to own a copyright. That is why most of the Captain Marvel(the false Marvel) stories suck. Thank god for Jim Starlin or your character would have died an even worse death, that of a ignominous(spelling?) death.

No, your creation was an outright attempt to make the name "Marvel" sole property of Marvel Comics. They came up with the character to own a copyright. That is why most of the Captain Marvel(the false Marvel) stories suck. Thank god for Jim Starlin or your character would have died an even worse death, that of a ignominous(spelling?) death.

Umm fellas, these are comic books we are talking about. Not the merits of Communism over Capitalism. makepoint.gif

i agree for the most part but issues 28- 33 happen to be my favorite all time story! i consider 25-27 kind of a warm up for the main event!

Is DC still calling the big red cheese Shazam--or have they gained the right to call him captain marvel?

The call him Captain Marvel but for his the comic titles that he headlines, it is Shazam. Go figure.