• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #2

28 posts in this topic

if this book had tape on it it would be INCONCEIVABLE that it would score this high:

congrats to you Dan cool.gifthumbsup2.gif

I think it's INCONCEIVABLE that it scored that high . . . grin.gif As noted, the BC looks like [embarrassing lack of self control]. smirk.gif

But hey, it's a Hulk #2 grin.gif

BAH!

if this book had tape on it it would be INCONCEIVABLE that it would score this high:

congrats to you Dan cool.gifthumbsup2.gif

I think it's INCONCEIVABLE that it scored that high . . . grin.gif As noted, the BC looks like [embarrassing lack of self control]. smirk.gif

But hey, it's a Hulk #2 grin.gif

Front of the book looks much better. This is a classic Fine but with an additional defect. Thus the FN-. Plus it is a Hulk #2 893applaud-thumb.gif

Dan

Guessing they graded it G/VG (water damage?)

Very nice book and definately better, but just my CGC guess, as you wouldn't have asked if it didn't seem out of the usual.

sorry to have misled ya Collin! The grade is not unusual at all i think it's right on -I was just throwing it out there as practice for guessing CGC graded books hi.gif

Misled and dropped right into the pool of those that cannot grade. sorry.gif

Never again will I post a grade or opinion. makepoint.gifstooges.gif

But now I've just gotta win that grading contest by comicsupply 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Awww Dang!

You didn't let it go long enough for everyone to get their guess in.

I was going to say 5.0 due to chipping on back.

Nice catch! thumbsup2.gif

5.5.? I was torn between 4.5 and 5.0, but not 5.5. Well, works for me. I just got an X-men #5 in the mail today which I graded a 5.5, and it looks better than this Hulk #2. Maybe I'll just give it a promotion to 6.0 or 6.5 tomorrow.

it's true the back cover shows quite a bit of wear but look at that front cover!!! High grade colors on that baby!!! look how deep that red is!!! The things you can't see in the scan is the high grade suppleness as its felt in hand and the pages are really sharp!!! This is one of my favorite covers so the wear is in the right place for me!!!! takeit.gif

yup - this looks like a tale of two covers.................

the FC kicks some serious butt and the BC is from hunger. i was going 6.0 before you had posted the grade. always happy to be just a half grade off on a mid grade book................this should show really well in your collection....... thumbsup2.gif

5.5.? I was torn between 4.5 and 5.0, but not 5.5. Well, works for me. I just got an X-men #5 in the mail today which I graded a 5.5, and it looks better than this Hulk #2. Maybe I'll just give it a promotion to 6.0 or 6.5 tomorrow.

it's true the back cover shows quite a bit of wear but look at that front cover!!! High grade colors on that baby!!! look how deep that red is!!! The things you can't see in the scan is the high grade suppleness as its felt in hand and the pages are really sharp!!! This is one of my favorite covers so the wear is in the right place for me!!!! takeit.gif

the FC kicks some serious butt and the BC is from hunger. i was going 6.0 before you had posted the grade. always happy to be just a half grade off on a mid grade book................this should show really well in your collection....... thumbsup2.gif

JHCOMICS (jeff hinds) sold it to me on ebay and he felt it was at least a 6.0!! His grading standards are good too i have bought several raw books from with pleasing results!

I patiently waited about 2 years to find a midgrade with a cover like this on ebay! bargain hunters cloud9.gif