• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey buddy, please spare a grade for this ASM #39!

16 posts in this topic

All help appreciated! The "range" of this Spidey 39 should be pretty easy, but I welcome any help in fine-tuning the actual grade. The scans tell the story well. Front cover gloss and color strike look quite nice in hand, but as you can see there's general wear around the edges. The back cover has a small chip missing at the bottom of the spine and a bit of smudging (that odd tanning effect is in scan only). What do you folks think?

asm39.jpg

asm39back.jpg

Thanks very much to all who responded! thumbsup2.gif

The range of replies is interesting, as I was thinking of this book as a "textbook 4.0" to use divad's phrase. My guess was 4.0/4.5 on the front, and 3.5/4.0 on the back which would average to a 4.0 since the front is weighed more. To those who went with 3.5, if you're still reading, did you drop it b/c of the missing piece on the back? I ask because I thought a missing piece was acceptable in 4.0 even on the front (or is that "pre-CGC thinking"?). Not arguing the call, just want to understand it better.

Thanks very much to all who responded! thumbsup2.gif

The range of replies is interesting, as I was thinking of this book as a "textbook 4.0" to use divad's phrase. My guess was 4.0/4.5 on the front, and 3.5/4.0 on the back which would average to a 4.0 since the front is weighed more. To those who went with 3.5, if you're still reading, did you drop it b/c of the missing piece on the back? I ask because I thought a missing piece was acceptable in 4.0 even on the front (or is that "pre-CGC thinking"?). Not arguing the call, just want to understand it better.

i said 4.0 but you could call it a STRICT 3.5

this is not to say that a 4.0 would not be a strict grade in my opinion, it's just that a 3.5 is a very strict grade that should please any buyer and I think it's the lowest you can go on the grade without flat out undergrading it! Just my opinion! takeit.gif