• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN HIGH GRADE CGC COLLECTION #1-200 FOR SALE !!

218 posts in this topic

You should stop being so dense. My sentence immediately following the one you quoted tells you what you need to know but apparently don't - that dealers pay close to full FMV for books that are likely to sell quickly for FMV, such as ultra high grade Spideys or early Silver Age keys.

You really believe this? That 100% of these comics are "likely to sell quickly for Metro's FMV"?

You can't really believe this, can you?

dealers pay close to full FMV for books that are likely to sell quickly for FMV, such as ultra high grade Spideys or early Silver Age keys. The ASM run in question fits the bill to a T. These are not books that are liable to sit around collecting dust.

I am not going to go through the whole list book by book, but the books below just for starters are not likely to 'fly off the shelves'... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

24 VF/NM 9

(CGC ow pages)

31 VF/NM 9

(CGC ow/white pages)

52 NM- 9.2

(CGC ow/white pages)

86 VF/NM 9

(CGC ow/white pages)

117 NM 9.4

(CGC ow/white pages)

125 NM- 9.2

(CGC ow/white pages)

134 NM- 9.2

(CGC ow/white pages)

167 NM- 9.2

(CGC ow/white pages)

200 NM- 9.2

(CGC white pages)

When have I used the term "Metro's FMV" that you do, JC? Indeed, I've had a look at the price list on these puppies, and the 9.6 and 9.8 issues along with the ones that are especially difficult to acquire in 9.4 have essentially record asking prices. The math is simple conceptually: paying 80% of "FMV" for a comic and selling it for 120% of "FMV" yields a profit of 50%. It is not hard to envision that the sale of this run can reach profitability well before all of the books have been cleared.

so what - - you pick out the 9 worst books? big deal. youre missing the point and looking too closely. In order to get the 9.6s and 9.4s they took the handful of common graded books. Thats how its done.

If it were 30, 40 or 50 books in 9.0, then this run AND the deal we are guessing at wouldnt be in the same league as each other...

When have I used the term "Metro's FMV" that you do, JC?

Since Metro bought the books and will be listing them for sale, whose FMV do you think they're selling them at?

Remember I am NOT talking about cost vs. profit, but your assertion that the reason they were bought was because ALL of these books will be quick sellers at FMV. And since Metro is the one selling them, they set the FMV price, right, and at that "Metro price" these books will sell extremely quick?

Have you ever bought a book from Metro before? If not, check out their "aggressive pricing" on many CGC comics for a quick primer. Many are "museum pieces" and far from "quick sellers".

so what - - you pick out the 9 worst books? big deal. youre missing the point and looking too closely. In order to get the 9.6s and 9.4s they took the handful of common graded books. Thats how its done.

If it were 30, 40 or 50 books in 9.0, then this run AND the deal we are guessing at wouldnt be in the same league as each other...

I just took a sampling. At least 50 % of this run is not to hard to find in the listed grades. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Agree with Bob Siman: dealers have paid 70-80% of FMV for books they knew they could flip quickly. It's happened on multiple occasions and I will name names. Storms for instance I'm sure would buy a book at 70%. Gary Platt has bought a book at 70% of FMV. Metro has come very close to 70%.

Agree with Bob Siman: dealers have paid 70-80% of FMV for books they knew they could flip quickly. It's happened on multiple occasions and I will name names. Storms for instance I'm sure would buy a book at 70%. Gary Platt has bought a book at 70% of FMV. Metro has come very close to 70%.

Hell, if I knew I had a customer for a book, I'd pay 70 - 80% FMV for it. Turnover is turnover.

I don't doubt that on a single key or even a few hyper keys, but REMEMBER, we are talking about an extensive run of ASM CGC books, including keys, commons and warehouse find books here.

Paying 70-80% of "FMV/GPA Average/estimated EBay sales total/or whatever" would be patently insane for a company wanting to stay in business.

I'd guess that the vast majority of books in your 3 boxes don't make the cut.

ooo.gif

No worries, he's just another skinny, coke-bottle glass-wearing loser spoiling for an online fight. 27_laughing.gif

My statement is far from a personal attack, but rather an attempt to distinguish between books that might command close to FMV from dealers and those that won't. You are more than welcome to set me straight, but I suspect your slabbed books don't match the market desirability of an ASM 11 in 9.4, ASM 13 in 9.4, ASM 15 in 9.4, ASM 26 in 9.6, ASM 28 in 9.4, an ASM 39 in 9.6, ASM 40 in 9.6, ASM 46 in 9.4, ASM 60 in 9.6, ASM 63 in 9.4, or an ASM 102 in 9.8. Put simply, this is the finest ASM run that has been offered for sale since the Pacific Coast run was sold in 1999.

And thanks for the compliment on the "skinny". wink.gif

Hell, if I knew I had a customer for a book, I'd pay 70 - 80% FMV for it. Turnover is turnover.

I don't think there is any disputing a dealer would pay higher for quick turnover books. I just don't believe that such a large run as this, even if it is very high grade, fits into the high turnover catagory.

I'd guess that the vast majority of books in your 3 boxes don't make the cut.

ooo.gif

No worries, he's just another skinny, coke-bottle glass-wearing loser spoiling for an online fight. 27_laughing.gif

My statement is far from a personal attack, but rather an attempt to distinguish between books that might command close to FMV from dealers and those that won't. You are more than welcome to set me straight, but I suspect your slabbed books don't match the market desirability of an ASM 11 in 9.4, ASM 13 in 9.4, ASM 15 in 9.4, ASM 26 in 9.6, ASM 28 in 9.4, an ASM 39 in 9.6, ASM 40 in 9.6, ASM 46 in 9.4, ASM 60 in 9.6, ASM 63 in 9.4, or an ASM 102 in 9.8.

And thanks for the compliment on the "skinny". wink.gif

Bob, don't get worked up. Remember who you're dealing with here.

wow. we're all having fun now huh?

remember Metro aint just ANY old dealer, right? Metro can afford to buy and take longer to sell than others. Metro may also have worked out a deal with 50K now, and 6 months to pay the balance so they wouldnt be out much cash.

And yeah, only half of the books may be TIP TOP census etc, but isnt it a killer run overall. Does Metro already HAVE all these books in these grades? I havent looked, but most of theor stock is raw. and slabbed books move faster than raw.

All in all heres what Im saying:

they paid "way more" than 50% FMV

Its a collection Metro really wants

and Metro knows what they are doing.

so however they got it

whatever they paid

..it was a deal worth doing.

One other factor that I have yet to hear mentioned in this thread is a simple one: if Metropolis now has these books,no one else does.They then have the capability to offer them to collectors who may be able to afford them through a 6 month time option thereby increasing the size of the buying pool.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Why in the world do you have to stick your greasy little head in every thread I'm in? I know you're bucking to be my own personal troll, but don't make it so freaking obvious.

Why in the world do you have to stick your greasy little head in every thread I'm in? I know you're bucking to be my own personal troll, but don't make it so freaking obvious.

Was I talking to you? No, I believe my statement was addressed to namisgr, trying to save him the inevitable frustration of trying to argue with you.