• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN HIGH GRADE CGC COLLECTION #1-200 FOR SALE !!

218 posts in this topic

I forget how paranoid some buyers are about people knowing what they pay for comics. If Metro complains Arch can pull the thread or the posts. No hard feelings I hope.

Or you could just go back and edit or delete your post.

I forget how paranoid some buyers are about people knowing what they pay for comics. If Metro complains Arch can pull the thread or the posts. No hard feelings I hope.

Prices removed. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Can you PM me the list pls? Thx.

Don't see a problem posting list prices, it can only help sales. Can you PM me a copy of the list if you get a chance.

We have no problem with the prices being listed. We did not do it the first time around because we had not finished pricing the books at that point.

laugh.gifacclaim.gif

Something doesn't seem right about this. Metropolis bought a collection of comic books and is offering them for sale? See what I mean? I doesn't add up.

Like last week, I went to a supermarket and they were selling food? Where did they get the food? They had some eggs? Anyone know which chicken they came from?

Passed by a Ford dealer they other day. They were selling cars. I just don't get it.

Agreed. There are always those who look for a conspiracy or the bad in everything. The only posts that should have been here were -

Metropolis bought/consigned a high grade collection.

They are nice books.

They are for sale.

End of story and good luck to Metropolis.

I personally don't care about why the owner is selling, but as to my original comment, I do think it's interesting that there's an unprecedented amount of quality books on the market. In the Heritage auction alone, there are a couple of ASM's that have NEVER been offered for public sale in grade(the ASM #41 9.8, and #51 9.6 come to mind). This CGC run is probably the best I've seen a single dealer offer/aquire at one time, and who knows what's coming to Pedigree in 2 weeks.

I also could do without all the conspiracy, but it was bound to happen at such an interesting time in the market.

I read up to this post so if this has been debated I'm sorry. I was surprised to see this garner so many posts in the end. I thought it would be a few wow, ooh ah and thats it.

To answer Andrew's question, I think because they are ASM's that there is a likelihood that the market WILL be able to absorb both collections. Of course a lot is dependent on the asking prices - so how fast that absorption takes place is another matter entirely.

As to why the books were sold 893scratchchin-thumb.gif a few things.

There seems to be a tendency for people to believe that there were NO HG runs before the advent of CGC. If these were purchased anytime before say 1999, a distinct possibility and then slabbed by the OO, then Metro's offer (in terms of utility - invested verses profit) could be pretty lucrative... For example.

Lets say for arguement and nice round numbers that the collection has a Street value of 1 million. Ok so lets also assume that 80% + of the collection was amassed pre-1998. Person gets them graded and then upgrades a few books that were lacking. Could this have been done for say 200K given those parameters?? Maybe even less??? Could Metro then have offered 400 to 500K.

The numbers might be off, but considering the fluctuations in the marketplace UPWARD over the last 5 years and the amount of HG Raw ASMs that existed before the slabbed market came to be, I can see this as a straight buy, rather than a consignment.

From the sellers perspective, he bought Raw cheap HGs, the advent of CGC made his skill in selecting HG copies financially lucrative. He cashed out at a significant profit. He doesnt have to lift a finger and so through the hassle of selling 200+ HG books piecemeal. Or waiting for Metro's consignment checks. Metro still makes a nice profit and has a lot of HG books to woo people to their other wares.

The item of interest here is NOT that this could have been a straight purchase, I can actually see that - not saying it is but I could easily see it.

The item of interest is the HUGE increase in HG material over the last 5 years. Its just another indicator of the Huge sustained Bull market comics has been in for a half decade - personally I think that the market may never see another Tsunami like it, but you have to admit it was sustained over a very large segement of the industry.

My 2 cents

Most of my family has died of cancer and yet I still referred to Ewert as 'a cancer on the hobby' - the company I work for was involved in the coordination and planning of the relief effort, trust me I'm aware of the verbage. However, sorry.gif for your loss. flowerred.gif

hey, I was kidding! sorry you took it seriously... you knew that right?

Well at first I was gonna tell you to lighten up, then I remembered all the pics I saw after everyone got back and got all morbid myself tonofbricks.gif