• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's going to the NYC Javits Center show?? (Feb 24th - 26th)

45 posts in this topic

There's already been a thread about the show that was posted by the organizer

After long deliberation between attending this show and Wonder Con, I've opted for this one (wish I could've done both). Either way, it'll be great to get back to NYC again - I can only hope it isn't as cold as I remember it can get in Winter (a lot worse than London).

So who amongst us is attending? Is there going to be a Forum Dinner or some such?

Plus, does anyone have a spare exhibitor badge they can sell me??? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcrazy.gif

If you're going to be there, I'll make the effort. thumbsup2.gif

Excellent! It'll be cool to hook up with your good self along with (hopefully at least a few) other NY Forumites. Don't forget to bring a "Wheels In Motion" T-shirt (XL size) and I'll pay you for it at the show....

If you're going to be there, I'll make the effort. thumbsup2.gif

Excellent! It'll be cool to hook up with your good self along with (hopefully at least a few) other NY Forumites. Don't forget to bring a "Wheels In Motion" T-shirt (XL size) and I'll pay you for it at the show....

Andy; i'll be there for sure...........not sure what CGC will be doing, but it appears that they will only be onsite grading at the Wizard World shows for '06. in any event, i'm sure there will be representation and a dinner is therefore likely.

not sure yet in what capacity i will attend, but it's starting to shape up pretty nicely. too bad that the Florida show is simultaneously being held. little chance to meet all those Florida folks.................... frown.gif

Oh, and despite a remarkably pleasant winter so far, late February in NYC can be brutal, so be prepared. (winter example - it hit a high of 59 degrees today in western NJ, but will be super windy with a high in the upper 20's only tomorrow) - you just never know...............

Goldust:

I will be there and will again organize a small dinner. After hosting the last british compatriot, I look forward to hosting another Brit.

That said, the usual suspects will appear, Dave, Gene, myself, Brad (hopefully), Hari (presumably), you and others that I can scrape together. We'll see.

Looking forward to standing in line to meet Todd McFarlane and Brad Meltzer.

We'll talk as it closer to the time.

Goldust:

I will be there and will again organize a small dinner. After hosting the last british compatriot, I look forward to hosting another Brit.

That said, the usual suspects will appear, Dave, Gene, myself, Brad (hopefully), Hari (presumably), you and others that I can scrape together. We'll see.

Looking forward to standing in line to meet Todd McFarlane and Brad Meltzer.

We'll talk as it closer to the time.

Excellent!!

Hope the show has more than the usual suspects (a few mid-western dealers, maybe?). Not that I have anything against the NY dealers, of course... tongue.gif

Looking for some guidance.

I never been to NY. I was looking at the list of hotels from the NY Comiccon site and was wondering which one to book. Is one better than the others or should I avoid certain ones? My work is sending me to a nice Hotel for the conference I will be attending Sunday-Tuesday but need to book Friday and Saturday. Waht parts of town should I avoid and is the Javitz located in a good part of town if I choose to walk to it? Help please.

As an added benefit of a regular old trip into the city with my girlfriend to visit some friends (and some museums) I'll be stopping by the Javits show at some point in the weekend. I won't be around for very long and won't be around for any dinner, but at least I'll be able to stop by and say hi.

I'll be going, but under my corporate guise of PopFun Merchandising. Without spilling too many of the beans, it looks like we'll not only be setting up, but will also be doing a promo for the show.

As usual, all forumites are welcome to use our table as a place to take a break or hide some loot. Even Bruce wink.gif (Underdog is on the way, Bruce--I haven't forgotten).

Looking for some guidance.

I never been to NY. I was looking at the list of hotels from the NY Comiccon site and was wondering which one to book. Is one better than the others or should I avoid certain ones? My work is sending me to a nice Hotel for the conference I will be attending Sunday-Tuesday but need to book Friday and Saturday. Waht parts of town should I avoid and is the Javitz located in a good part of town if I choose to walk to it? Help please.

It's in a reasonably okay mid-town location. I'd go for hotels within that area (30th to 59th streets) - there's a Holiday Inn in that area and other decent hotels like that one, although none of them are cheap (it's NYC, after all).

Check the link as there are shuttle services from various places to the Center.

I'll be going, but under my corporate guise of PopFun Merchandising. Without spilling too many of the beans, it looks like we'll not only be setting up, but will also be doing a promo for the show.

thumbsup2.gif

HOLY [embarrassing lack of self control]! WOAH! Someoone PLEASDE GIVE ME THE EXACT ADDRESS! Some of the Comic book Wrtieers will attend that I have been wanting to meet! PLEASE. This will be my first COmic Con, and I wanna go badly (And I am 16)

Someone give me the addy. THANKS! I just need ta know how far it is.

Since I come from Ohio.

HOLY [embarrassing lack of self control]! WOAH! Someoone PLEASDE GIVE ME THE EXACT ADDRESS! Some of the Comic book Wrtieers will attend that I have been wanting to meet! PLEASE. This will be my first COmic Con, and I wanna go badly (And I am 16)

Someone give me the addy. THANKS! I just need ta know how far it is.

Since I come from Ohio.

Check the link in my previous post - it has all the info you need!