• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's going to the NYC Javits Center show?? (Feb 24th - 26th)

45 posts in this topic

No, guess my mother coulden't give a [embarrassing lack of self control] if I went or not.

At first she was like "Well, where is it?" and then she starts up.

That [embarrassing lack of self control].

Welcome in advance to NYC. Sounds like you'll fit right in! 27_laughing.gif

Don't worry, I will sweet talk my mom into taking me somehow.

I just need a real address, not some directions as to where I am coming from.

Like 4579 North Rd.

Columbus OH. 44402 or something. 27_laughing.gif

EDIT: Now she wants me to see if there is gonna be a diffrent Comic Con after Feb.

I give up.

Of course, if there are any good ones close to OH. lettme know (Even though I can read all events here)

There's already been a thread about the show that was posted by the organizer

After long deliberation between attending this show and Wonder Con, I've opted for this one (wish I could've done both). Either way, it'll be great to get back to NYC again - I can only hope it isn't as cold as I remember it can get in Winter (a lot worse than London).

So who amongst us is attending? Is there going to be a Forum Dinner or some such?

Plus, does anyone have a spare exhibitor badge they can sell me??? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcrazy.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you can't abandon the show where you were dubbed Capt. Red Pants. How shall I represent the commonwealth alone amongst all those separatists? boo.gifboo.gifboo.gif

Like 4579 North Rd.

EDIT: Now she wants me to see if there is gonna be a diffrent Comic Con after Feb.

I give up.

Of course, if there are any good ones close to OH. lettme know (Even though I can read all events here)

Tell you're mom the guys on the boards will buy her a nice dinner if she brings you!

There's already been a thread about the show that was posted by the organizer

After long deliberation between attending this show and Wonder Con, I've opted for this one (wish I could've done both). Either way, it'll be great to get back to NYC again - I can only hope it isn't as cold as I remember it can get in Winter (a lot worse than London).

So who amongst us is attending? Is there going to be a Forum Dinner or some such?

Plus, does anyone have a spare exhibitor badge they can sell me??? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcrazy.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you can't abandon the show where you were dubbed Capt. Red Pants. How shall I represent the commonwealth alone amongst all those separatists? boo.gifboo.gifboo.gif

You must fight the good fight, young man. In any case, I'll be back next year, and promise to bring the sacred Red Pants with me.

This Javits show better be good, dammit - SF in Winter is pleasant!!

Goldust:

I will be there and will again organize a small dinner. After hosting the last british compatriot, I look forward to hosting another Brit.

That said, the usual suspects will appear, Dave, Gene, myself, Brad (hopefully), Hari (presumably), you and others that I can scrape together. We'll see.

Looking forward to standing in line to meet Todd McFarlane and Brad Meltzer.

We'll talk as it closer to the time.

Am I so lame that you can already presume I'll be at the show? I'll have you know that I have plenty of other important things to do, but will put them aside just to make you happy. So, OK, I'll go! You satisfied!!??

smile.gif

Yes, you are that lame. Obviously, I am even more lame because I presumed your appearance and you know I have nothing else to do but travel around to comiccons and harass people to go to brazilian barbecue with me...

glad to hear you will be there Hari...

Like 4579 North Rd.

I give up.

Tell you're mom the guys on the boards will buy her a nice dinner if she brings you!

I would if that was true/would work. Lmao.

Awe well, I might be able to go to the One day only COmic thing their haven in march on the 12.

That topic is here somewhere.

I will def be there. Looking forward to it. Last Con i went to was NY Sci-Fi in 2003.I got some really good sketches at that one. David Finch did an awesome spidey sketch for me and was a really nice guy. Would like to get some of my books signed and graded.

Is there going to be a forum dinner? I love NY and am considering attending the show on Sat and checking out any books left in the Burntboy Collection.

It would be nice to meet some forum members and share some comic related topics.

Best, Tom