• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Error. What's it worth?

20 posts in this topic

That's a dumb error smirk.gif I wouldn't pay extra for CGC errors. So I guess an extra hair in the case is worth more as well smile.gif The only errors I like are siamese pages, double covers, etc. That right there is worth nothing.

The only errors I like are siamese pages, double covers, etc.

You betcha! At least those errors are a part of the production of the book and have certain historical value.

What next? A premium on a book an "established dealer" grades at VF+ that is actually VF-? wink.gif

The book is worth about 1/6th the opener. It's a 9.6 when pigs fly. 9.0s to 9.2s on these "rare" books shouldn't even HAVE a value. The grading fee was worth 3 times what the book's value is.

These cgc grader guys better not ever commit any serious crimes the way they are leaving DNA samples all over the place

Your honor, I would like to place into evidence State's Exhibit 9, a CGC graded 9.6 Detective #1. The book itself is of no importance save to confirm the CGC laebl. It was cut in half only to easily obtain the hair samples.